+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ryan Giggs - done alright or not (for Wales)?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Ryan Giggs - done alright or not (for Wales)?

I'll eat some humble pie and admit I absolute slated both his appointment and his realistic prospects of staying for the long term, particularly after the Croatia and Hungary games. That being said, he has introduced a hell of lot of new, young players who are all capable of playing at the top level, I think even Morrell could given time, I imagine Bristol won't be loaning him out again next season! The team is completely different to the euro 2016 team, so in fairness, if we qualify he's moulded a young team together with a very successful result

If we qualify he's done a great job, and hopefully this team will kick on and make the most of Bale and Ramsey's later years for a world cup qualification push.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    I'll eat some humble pie and admit I absolute slated both his appointment and his realistic prospects of staying for the long term, particularly after the Croatia and Hungary games. That being said, he has introduced a hell of lot of new, young players who are all capable of playing at the top level, I think even Morrell could given time, I imagine Bristol won't be loaning him out again next season! The team is completely different to the euro 2016 team, so in fairness, if we qualify he's moulded a young team together with a very successful result

If we qualify he's done a great job, and hopefully this team will kick on and make the most of Bale and Ramsey's later years for a world cup qualification push.

Yep absolutely. Fingers crossed we qualify. If we do then we will go into the 2020 finals with a lot more depth than 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Yep absolutely. Fingers crossed we qualify. If we do then we will go into the 2020 finals with a lot more depth than 2016.
    Hopefully Matondo, Allen, Williams, Ampadu and Brooks all have big second halves to the season, selection dilemma for Wales for probably the first time ever on this scale.