+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Qpr message board

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Qpr message board

They were very poor & clueless. Very similar to Luton. Sideways, sideways, back, sideways, back. 78% possession. 60% in their own half, 18% in the attacking half. Move on!

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    They were very poor & clueless. Very similar to Luton. Sideways, sideways, back, sideways, back. 78% possession. 60% in their own half, 18% in the attacking half. Move on!
    I disagree that they were very poor. They passed well, had good movement and opened us up far too easily at times. They hit the post twice and I liked the look of their number 10 (Eze). They just weren't streetwise enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I'm not sticking up for it but i think that you're being very simplistic. I think that we need to remember that this style of play is very new in this country and even newer at champioship level so i think that it's fair to say that it isn't quite working for alot of the teams that are attempting to implement this style just yet. I don't think it's difficult to see that it's not just about possession but attempting to draw the opposition out at the earliest opportunity, if it doesn't work then start again and so on....It's going to take a few years before players are comfortable with it and where the quality is there. I'd say that since this brand of football came in, the UK is starting to produce young players who can and will compete at world level. Remember 10-15 years ago when England and Wales were nowhere near it? It does look boring and for the sake of it, but when it does come off and players become more comfortable with it then i reckon that we will witness some wonderful football.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I'm not sticking up for it but i think that you're being very simplistic. I think that we need to remember that this style of play is very new in this country and even newer at champioship level so i think that it's fair to say that it isn't quite working for alot of the teams that are attempting to implement this style just yet. I don't think it's difficult to see that it's not just about possession but attempting to draw the opposition out at the earliest opportunity, if it doesn't work then start again and so on....It's going to take a few years before players are comfortable with it and where the quality is there. I'd say that since this brand of football came in, the UK is starting to produce young players who can and will compete at world level. Remember 10-15 years ago when England and Wales were nowhere near it? It does look boring and for the sake of it, but when it does come off and players become more comfortable with it then i reckon that we will witness some wonderful football.
    Good post!