+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How to be royally f*cked over in just 28 days!

Re: How to be royally f*cked over in just 28 days!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Any tips on how to stop a new metal garden shed leaking?
    On a serious note, i guess its leaking at one of the roof joints ( or the sides )

slack of the fixings a little, run a bead ( a line ) of sikaflex on each of the joints and then tighten the fixing up

http://www.screwfix.com/p/sika-sikaf...ar-300ml/7286d

Any tips on how to stop a new metal garden shed leaking?
    Keep it in the house.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Welcome back!

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    On a serious note, i guess its leaking at one of the roof joints ( or the sides )
    slack of the fixings a little, run a bead ( a line ) of sikaflex on each of the joints and then tighten the fixing up
    http://www.screwfix.com/p/sika-sikaf...ar-300ml/7286d
    No, the leaks are at the bottom of the sides. Where the sides join the base there is a gap - you can see daylight there from the inside. Water accumulates on the base rail and either splashes inside thru the gap when it rains or is blown in by the wind (prolly the former). I bought it via Groupon and got me money back in full, but I'd like to see if I can fix it. I've used sealant on both sides of the base rails and I think a bead of sealant all round the shed between the sides and the base will make it waterproof - just waiting for a dry day. If that doesn't work, I'm going to dismantle it and cut me poor hands to ribbons. In truth, this is a far more heart-wrenching saga, ain't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    Keep it in the house.
    Hope this helps.
    Please don't hijack the thread

No, the leaks are at the bottom of the sides. Where the sides join the base there is a gap - you can see daylight there from the inside. Water accumulates on the base rail and either splashes inside thru the gap when it rains or is blown in by the wind (prolly the former). I bought it via Groupon and got me money back in full, but I'd like to see if I can fix it. I've used sealant on both sides of the base rails and I think a bead of sealant all round the shed between the sides and the base will make it waterproof - just waiting for a dry day. If that doesn't work, I'm going to dismantle it and cut me poor hands to ribbons. In truth, this is a far more heart-wrenching saga, ain't it?
    shouldnt really be a gap, if the gap is too big for sealant, then you might need to go and buy something to act as a cover strip for it, B&Q do 15 - 20 mm strips of aluminium ( which you could stick on with silicone or use some self tappers to screw it on )

as you got your money back, its a win win, you get to keep your money and spend fooking hours arsing about with it and trying to get it right

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    This bloody post is like Payton Place, for you on here not old enough to remember, the show used to start with
    "The continuing story of Peyton Place" Why anyone would want to tell their love life story on an internet message board belies belief, but what is more unbelievable, is that all of you on here have replied to him
    Lessons in posting etiquette from Igovernor.

You have to love this place

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    as you got your money back, its a win win, you get to keep your money and spend fooking hours arsing about with it and trying to get it right
    I'm an obstinate bloke who loves somethin' fer nothing, so that's what I'll do. I think I'll use a few more self tapping screws to fix everything more firmly and squirt some sealant around. Sunday looks dry....

I'm an obstinate bloke who loves somethin' fer nothing, so that's what I'll do. I think I'll use a few more self tapping screws to fix everything more firmly and squirt some sealant around. Sunday looks dry....
    keeps you busy, win, win & win

Oh dear. Groupon.

Once and once only I bought something from the total shitfest that is groupon.

Rattan garden furniture for 200 quid. Seemed like a bargain as I'd seen them for twice that everywhere else.

Spent all day arsing about trying to put some badly constructed shit together. Half the holes were in the wrong places, god knows how many screws and rivets were missing, no instructions etc. - eventually I managed to use my moderate diy skills to get a table, 4 chairs and a bench assembled as best I could. Finished the final chair, stood it up and discovered that one leg was about three inches shorter than the rest.

Smashed it to shit, rung the number, had the mother of all rants, they refunded my money and told me I could keep the shitty rattan as a gesture of goodwill. Burnt it on a fire out my back garden - one of the most satisfying experiences of my life.

Moral of the story - don't buy anything from groupon. It's just shit they can't sell anywhere else. Because it's shit.

Take a sledgehammer to the shitty shed. You'll feel so much better for doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    This bloody post is like Payton Place, for you on here not old enough to remember, the show used to start with
    "The continuing story of Peyton Place" Why anyone would want to tell their love life story on an internet message board belies belief, but what is more unbelievable, is that all of you on here have replied to him
    The posters on this messageboard are second to none when it comes to helping out someone in need. One day when you're struggling, try it and it'll make you feel a lot better knowing that you are never alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Oh dear. Groupon.
    Once and once only I bought something from the total shitfest that is groupon.
    Rattan garden furniture for 200 quid. Seemed like a bargain as I'd seen them for twice that everywhere else.
    Spent all day arsing about trying to put some badly constructed shit together. Half the holes were in the wrong places, god knows how many screws and rivets were missing, no instructions etc. - eventually I managed to use my moderate diy skills to get a table, 4 chairs and a bench assembled as best I could. Finished the final chair, stood it up and discovered that one leg was about three inches shorter than the rest.
    You didn't think to call on the technological genius that is Mrs SR in your hour of need...?

Blog Entries

You didn't think to call on the technological genius that is Mrs SR in your hour of need...?
    Don't tell everyone, they will all want help.

I think I see the problem.

Only if she fancied a warm by the fire.

Only if she fancied a warm by the fire.
    Problems with the atmospheric sensing device, the oxygen depletion sensor and the precision pilot on your Robinson Willey Firegem Visa 2 Gas Fire?

Problems with the atmospheric sensing device, the oxygen depletion sensor and the precision pilot on your Robinson Willey Firegem Visa 2 Gas Fire?
    Nah.

The petrol fired shitty rattan bonfire went off like a dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Don't tell everyone, they will all want help.
    I'm glad you said that Mrs R. Because I have this question that's always been bugging me.

Pretend 1% of the population has a disease. You have a test that determines if you have that disease, but it’s only 80% accurate and 20% of the time you get a false positive. Your test comes back positive. How likely is it you have the disease?

Nah.
    The petrol fired shitty rattan bonfire went off like a dream.
    "Finished the final chair, stood it up and discovered that one leg was about three inches shorter than the rest" Haven't we heard enough personal problems on this thread without you going on about your terrible deformity?

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    I'm glad you said that Mrs R. Because I have this question that's always been bugging me.
    Pretend 1% of the population has a disease. You have a test that determines if you have that disease, but it’s only 80% accurate and 20% of the time you get a false positive. Your test comes back positive. How likely is it you have the disease?
    Blimey! What disease has she got?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post

I'd say you haven't got it, why? because they can't even prove if you have it or not, why listen to them?

Blimey! What disease has she got?
    I ain't got nufink

Banned

Mate, just get on x hamster ffs mun

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    Mate, just get on x hamster ffs mun
    That is the last thing he needs.

Hi Zenith,

IMHO you did the right thing by taking her at her word. At least you can hold your head up high.

I offer you this poem: https://allpoetry.com/Love,-We-Must-Part-Now

Quote Originally Posted by Dublinblue View Post
    Hi Zenith,

IMHO you did the right thing by taking her at her word. At least you can hold your head up high.

I offer you this poem: https://allpoetry.com/Love,-We-Must-Part-Now

Philip Larkin on a Friday afternoon. Somehow I can't see this post being copied and pasted by ****!