+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fans banned over assault at Cardiff - Man Utd game

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Fans banned over assault at Cardiff - Man Utd game

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Thing is, how are the stewards meant to know? They must have had tickets in the home end because you have to show your tickets about a thousand times before you get to your seat in the Canton these days, so short of asking them to name 5 City players, they won't know anybody's an away fan until something like this happens.
    Maybe not initially but I'm sure one of the United fans was wearing something united branded, definitely saw a guy in something red getting chased down the steps opposite. May have been a rebrand fan.

But some behind us were singing united songs, you could hear some people shouting at them for a while before it started to get quite bad and this one lad decided himself to go. No stewards around.

It's hard in general I'd agree, particularly if tickets have been bought from the Cardiff area.

I do quite like the test option though, little touch screen above where you scan your ST. Been on a few opposition forums for a browse before and they sometimes pop up with a random question about the club when searching.

Anyone reaching for their phones at this point gets an immediate refusal.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Maybe not initially but I'm sure one of the United fans was wearing something united branded, definitely saw a guy in something red getting chased down the steps opposite. May have been a rebrand fan.

But some behind us were singing united songs, you could hear some people shouting at them for a while before it started to get quite bad and this one lad decided himself to go. No stewards around.

It's hard in general I'd agree, particularly if tickets have been bought from the Cardiff area.

I do quite like the test option though, little touch screen above where you scan your ST. Been on a few opposition forums for a browse before and they sometimes pop up with a random question about the club when searching.

Anyone reaching for their phones at this point gets an immediate refusal.
    Interesting idea but difficult to imagine how the touchscreen could work in practice. Older gents hunting for their readers at 2.54pm and holding up the queue. Plus, there can't be many things more off-putting to new fans than being publicly denied entry for ignorance

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Interesting idea but difficult to imagine how the touchscreen could work in practice. Older gents hunting for their readers at 2.54pm and holding up the queue. Plus, there can't be many things more off-putting to new fans than being publicly denied entry for ignorance
    I know was just a bit of fun, the scenes though.

To be fair we aren't going to have any issues this season anyway.