+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gomorrah s4

Gomorrah s4

No spoilers but this has got to be one of the best series out there.

Just started series 4. Didn't expect series 4 after the ending of series 3 tbh.

Great stuff

Re: Gomorrah s4

Watched 10 of the 12 so far, going to watch the last two tonight. Superb, each series is better than the one before and the first one was excellent.

Started series 4 Saturday, finished it last night. Superb.

Not sure its the best of the 4 series (I probably lean to Series 2 which I watched again before starting 4) but it was top quality stuff yet again. I was wondering where they could go after the ending of 3 but they did well. Dont want to say too much and spoil it for people who might want to get into it from the start.

Considering I dont speak Italian, and have to rely on subtitles, the suspense and drama they build with each episode is gripping.

Quote Originally Posted by alan_corneli View Post
    Watched 10 of the 12 so far, going to watch the last two tonight. Superb, each series is better than the one before and the first one was excellent.
    Episodes 9 and 10 are unreal.

Can you get it on catch up ?

I've only watched a few episodes of S4 but it is off to a good start.

Re subtitles, the amount of people who flat out refuse to watch it is amazing. It's the best show on TV for me.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    All series are on Sky. I think it's on Netflix too (but s4 won't be).

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I've only watched a few episodes of S4 but it is off to a good start.

Re subtitles, the amount of people who flat out refuse to watch it is amazing. It's the best show on TV for me.
    I initially tried and failed with the subtitles but glad I tried again and stuck with it. Its brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Recommend you watch from the very start. Youll need to know the history to fully appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I initially tried and failed with the subtitles but glad I tried again and stuck with it. Its brilliant.
    Once you get into it, I don't realise any more. It also makes you concentrate and stops you looking at your phone or whatever.

Whats it about without any spoilers?

I hate subtitles!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebina View Post

I hate subtitles!!!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gomorrah_(TV_series)

It's all in italian or neapolitan

Best thing on tele. I'll need to watch from series 1 again before i start series 4!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Best thing on tele. I'll need to watch from series 1 again before i start series 4!
    Also, the film about Ciro is supposed to be a bridge between series 4 and series 5.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I end up watching Series 2 again. Just wanted a refresher and was going to skip through the episodes but got hooked and watched the lot.

Was going to watch Series 3 again too but I couldn’t wait any longer and started 4 on the weekend and finished it last night. It’s the music mun, don’t need to understand the language, the music alone builds up the drama.

Once you get into it, I don't realise any more. It also makes you concentrate and stops you looking at your phone or whatever.
    Spot on. My missus couldn’t understand why I was watching something in a foreign language and asked “How doesn’t that play on your nerves?” but after a while you don’t even listen to the words.

I hate subtitles!!!
    The Naples mafia. It’s very dark and gritty, as far removed from glitz and glamour of The Sopranos.

It’s more like The Wire in that respect.

Also, the film about Ciro is supposed to be a bridge between series 4 and series 5.
    When’s the film out?

Easily the best thing on TV for me.

Raced through Series 4 it is that addictive and part of me wished I had strung it out a bit.

My old man was one of the people who said "I can't watch this when he saw the subtitles but he makes sweeping judgments like that on most things, subtitles or not.

The Naples mafia. It’s very dark and gritty, as far removed from glitz and glamour of The Sopranos.

It’s more like The Wire in that respect.
    Ok I liked both of those, preferred Sopranos, but sounds worth a try

Ok I liked both of those, preferred Sopranos, but sounds worth a try

When’s the film out?
    Early 2020 I think. And then they'll push back series 5 to the latter part of the year, which is a bit annoying!

All series are on Sky. I think it's on Netflix too (but s4 won't be).
    👍

Recommend you watch from the very start. Youll need to know the history to fully appreciate it.
    👍

At last, something decent to watch......