+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is British opinion being fashioned by young, inexperienced "professionals" ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Is British opinion being fashioned by young, inexperienced "professionals" ?

Let’s be fair here. Has anyone on this board been influenced by the media, on anything they’ve voted on ?
    Surely not? I have my own basic opinions on every topic under the sun. If I’m undecided, I’ll do some research myself, but never in a million yrs would I be brainwashed by mainstream media.

Re: Is British opinion being fashioned by young, inexperienced "professionals" ?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Let’s be fair here. Has anyone on this board been influenced by the media, on anything they’ve voted on ?
    Surely not? I have my own basic opinions on every topic under the sun. If I’m undecided, I’ll do some research myself, but never in a million yrs would I be brainwashed by mainstream media.
    It's more subtle than that. Swayed by a thousand nudges. It's about the way the debate gets framed, and what is regarded as news in the first place. The individual might feel that they are impervious to it, but when you collect large numbers of people together, that's when it has an influence.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I'm sure you believe everything you say..