I know I got challenged on it here the other day but I dont see how any club our size can have any long or even medium term success without having a discernible identity.

Warnock has come in and worked absolute miracles to turn the club around from facing the abyss, but I guarantee within the next couple of years fans would start to get fed up when we start to stagnate.

After that comes the job of replacing him. Is there anyone at our club besides Warnock who will understand what they're looking for when it comes to a replacement?

Now even if we do find someone who has the same principles as Warnock, I dont think there would be many who would argue that part of Warnock's charm is his experience and man management.

For any club to truly go forward in this day and age the whole club needs to be singing of the same hymn sheet and worryingly this is not the case at this club.

I listened to Graham Potter saying the other day that unless they develop something different about themselves with regards to their identity then how can they avoid becoming just another club. I think he's right. It was far easier for Martinez to do this that Potter too.

When Martinez played a possession based football it was quite unique in the championship but now it's the norm.

One of the ways having an identity has helped Swansea this season is that they have been able to utilise their academy prospects which remained faithful to a possession based approach when their first team veered away under Monk, Brad Bobbly etc.

Contrast this with us. We have an academy who try to play like Barcelona and Ajax through the ages and they are then asked to kick the ball into row z if they ever break in to the first team.

If you look into how Norwich have put building blocks of their success in place then you'll see how having a continual progressive identity will help prevent a club spunking money against the wall and will while not fail proof will surely give a club the best chance to succeed.