+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A View from The Fulham perspective

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: A View from The Fulham perspective

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    If it was consistently great football, then fair enough. There was plenty of dross as well.
    Absolutely and hardly any backbone when the going really got tough, end of 08-09 season, Playoffs against Reading and we nearly cocked up against Leicester at home in the Playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Absolutely and hardly any backbone when the going really got tough, end of 08-09 season, Playoffs against Reading and we nearly cocked up against Leicester at home in the Playoffs.
    Leicester playoffs we actually showed we had a bit of backbone. Reading playoffs, they were a counter attacking side, if we had scored first we'd have battered them, we had an injury crisis at the back and the reserve reserve keeper had a howler which gave them the opening goal.

Least said about the 08/09 ending the better. Probably an end of season injury crisis played it's part as we didn't seem to have that much depth in those days

Call our style of play what they want,but I believe we play a “streetwise” brand of football.I can remember Pulis bringing his Palace side to Cardiff in the latter part of our premier league season.We desperately needed a win,and most of us thought we could get something from that game,as Palace were in the relegation mix.We got thumped 3-0,and Pulis truly had Solskjaers pants down that day.I remember thinking at the time we possibly had better players than them,but they did a job on us in every department.They stayed up,we went down.The contrast when Pulis came with Boro,and the tables were turn was clear.We were far too streetwise for them,and I for one am happy about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Leicester playoffs we actually showed we had a bit of backbone. Reading playoffs, they were a counter attacking side, if we had scored first we'd have battered them, we had an injury crisis at the back and the reserve reserve keeper had a howler which gave them the opening goal.

Least said about the 08/09 ending the better. Probably an end of season injury crisis played it's part as we didn't seem to have that much depth in those days
    What about Wolves' collapse in 2002/3 when they went from virtually untouchable to terrible?

What about our collapse in 2006/7? 2005/6?

This is boring old ground, but if you're suggesting everything was down to circumstances and the common denominator (the manager at the time) had no bearing on this, I think you're very wrong.