+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Well done Harris

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Well done Harris

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Get a fee. Peltier is extremely popular with the players and is a good pro who has only signed a short term deal at WBA. I don't think he'd have kicked up a fuss.
    Nobody is paying a transfer fee for a 33-year-old defensive fullback with 6 months left on his current deal.

I also doubt that Harris forced Peltier out as it wouldn't have gone down well with the rest of the squad.

I'm guessing he wanted a new contract from us, but there was too much disagreement over the terms, so he asked to leave early.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Nobody is paying a transfer fee for a 33-year-old defensive fullback with 6 months left on his current deal.

I also doubt that Harris forced Peltier out as it wouldn't have gone down well with the rest of the squad.

I'm guessing he wanted a new contract from us, but there was too much disagreement over the terms, so he asked to leave early.
    I doubt Peltier would have kicked up a fuss to take a 6 month deal elsewhere, especially when that involves moving house etc. Considering his earlier post on twitter, and him liking tweets saying that he's been forced out, I think it's very much a possibility.

I doubt Peltier would have kicked up a fuss to take a 6 month deal elsewhere, especially when that involves moving house etc. Considering his earlier post on twitter, and him liking tweets saying that he's been forced out, I think it's very much a possibility.
    Club and/or manager didn’t want to offer a guy who is 33 year old an extended contract. That’s to be applauded not criticised. Time to start ripping up Warnocks squad starting with the older players.

We’ve brought in a young lad from Wolves who is very highly rated in the meantime and maybe in the summer we sign him for another year or we get another full back in.

Swear Peltier is Cafu ffs. It’s no loss on the long term.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Club and/or manager didn’t want to offer a guy who is 33 year old an extended contract. That’s to be applauded not criticised. Time to start ripping up Warnocks squad starting with the older players.

We’ve brought in a young lad from Wolves who is very highly rated in the meantime and maybe in the summer we sign him for another year or we get another full back in.

Swear Peltier is Cafu ffs. It’s no loss on the long term.
    I'd rather Peltier than Jazz Richards. If we properly replaced Peltier, I wouldn't mind him going. Judging by comments that Sanderson is here to back up Jazz, then we haven't. Sanderson will have to play soon because starting Richards is effectively starting a goal down. The club maintain the Championship is the priority despite the fact we're 7 points off the play offs, pay up their best defender, play the kids in the cup and get knocked out. I have a right to be a little irked and concerned.

I'd rather Peltier than Jazz Richards. If we properly replaced Peltier, I wouldn't mind him going. Judging by comments that Sanderson is here to back up Jazz, then we haven't. Sanderson will have to play soon because starting Richards is effectively starting a goal down. The club maintain the Championship is the priority despite the fact we're 7 points off the play offs, pay up their best defender, play the kids in the cup and get knocked out. I have a right to be a little irked and concerned.
    club maintain the Championship is the priority

We are seriously deluded. This team will finish 11th or 12th, which is where we are now. We are nowhere near good enough to be in the top 6 and if we did make it W would be an embarrassment.
    My major concern is that I am not seeing any signs that we will be doing exactly the same things next season.
    Squad is poor with a poor manager. Mid table is our best hope

Who says he was paid up? He was transferred. West Brom needed a full back as it looked like Nathan Ferguson was being sold but it fell through.

He wasnt going to be offered a new contract and he threw his toys out of the pram. Get over it.

As for the playing the kids in the cup comment. No, we didnt. We started 1 kid and 1 come on as sub. Thats not playing the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post

Judging by the other thread, they've had a massive barney.