+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Trump: Failure on a massive scale

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Trump: Failure on a massive scale

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Makes this even funnier mind
    Here's someone else with a similar opinion who also questions whether demolishing economic output is a wise or proportional response. His name is Lord Sumption whose wiki page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonath..._Lord_Sumption doesn't read like he's a nutcase. I doubt though whether he possesses the incalculable brain power of your good self and the equally modest Rudy.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Here's someone else with a similar opinion who also questions whether demolishing economic output is a wise or proportional response. His name is Lord Sumption whose wiki page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonath..._Lord_Sumption doesn't read like he's a nutcase. I doubt though whether he possesses the incalculable brain power of your good self and the equally modest Rudy.

He is missing the point completely though, again going on about only vulnerable people dying etc.

And again no one is saying we shouldn't be doing something to protect businesses and workers. It's just if we walk around freely a huge number of the population will die.

I'm not sure what expertise he even has to be making the points he's making. Unless we are considering being born into a life of wealth to be a reason to give someone's opinion more credance.

I'll ask again, do you think we shouldn't be isolating?

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Here's someone else with a similar opinion......
    Let me ask you a question: if the vast majority of the people in this country and elsewhere simply carry on living our lives as normal and working as normal regardless of the Coronavirus, as you and the noble Lord seem to be suggesting we should, then how do you think the NHS would cope with the inevitable number of hospital admissions that will quickly follow?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Let me ask you a question: if the vast majority of the people in this country and elsewhere simply carry on living our lives as normal and working as normal regardless of the Coronavirus, as you and the noble Lord seem to be suggesting we should, then how do you think the NHS would cope with the inevitable number of hospital admissions that will quickly follow?
    Organ fails to grasp that's the problem.

It's infectious, there's little doubt most people will get it at some point - mass spikes of cases aren't manageable... slower rates are. Given it seems having had it in isolation can give immunity, the cases longer term should fall dramatically.