+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Golf clubs reopening in Wales

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Golf clubs reopening in Wales

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Yes, look at the ANNUAL flu death figures and compare them with two months of covid deaths.

How many malaria deaths in the UK every year?
    No malaria deaths here of course, we don’t care coz it’s somewhere else

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    You've got the internet. If you want to know malaria death numbers then you can find out.

But I expect you have never once looked in your life, have you?

It makes sense to care more about how you react to a disease when you can actually get it in fairness.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It makes sense to care more about how you react to a disease when you can actually get it in fairness.
    Without looking I think its about 1,600,000 a year, (I was reading about it a little while ago lol) mainly in Bangladesh and surrounding areas. There is a vaccine but apparently a lot of the people won't take it. It seems crazy that there is something to prevent a disease and people won't take it, but I suppose you only have to look at the measles jab uptake in UK.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Without looking I think its about 1,600,000 a year, (I was reading about it a little while ago lol) mainly in Bangladesh and surrounding areas. There is a vaccine but apparently a lot of the people won't take it. It seems crazy that there is something to prevent a disease and people won't take it, but I suppose you only have to look at the measles jab uptake in UK.
    Yes I know...I’ve spent much time travelling around India and south east Asia so I know exactly but don’t spoil the numpty’s fun.
    Yes I know covid is bad, yes I have young children, yes I’ve spent time in hospital with one who had breathing issues on several occasions from a viral induced wheeze and it’s scary. Most commenting won’t have been or seen there kids in this situ, on oxygen and steroids. Yet I’m clueless....

Yes I know...I’ve spent much time travelling around India and south east Asia so I know exactly but don’t spoil the numpty’s fun.
    Yes I know covid is bad, yes I have young children, yes I’ve spent time in hospital with one who had breathing issues on several occasions from a viral induced wheeze and it’s scary. Most commenting won’t have been or seen there kids in this situ, on oxygen and steroids. Yet I’m clueless....
    No one is saying you're clueless, but comparing covid to the flu isn't right.

I don't really understand the comparisson with malaria if I'm honest.

There have been 40,000 excess deaths in the UK within 2 months despite their being a lockdown. That's why the next moves have to be careful because otherwise it could all get worse again.

As you seem to be implying I'm a numpty, what did you mean above when you said "for ie"?