+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Breaking news of an "explosion" at Manchester Arena

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Breaking news of an "explosion" at Manchester Arena

Quote Originally Posted by Richyrich View Post
    Do people struggle with more than a paragraph these days ffs?

tl;dr:Islam is evil
    You're right though, it is fvcked up that people are being taught that stuff is the literal word and wishes of god.

There's nobody more righteous than those who think they have the backing of the almighty while they do some messed up shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    You're right though, it is fvcked up that people are being taught that stuff is the literal word and wishes of god.

There's nobody more righteous than those who think they have the backing of the almighty while they do some messed up shit.
    It's right but it also applies to all religions. I don't know anyone who lives their life according to every word of the Bible either.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    It's right but it also applies to all religions. I don't know anyone who lives their life according to every word of the Bible either.
    Well I agree with you in principle, but lets take a look at which religion just blew up a bunch of children at a concert based on the beliefs garnered from their holy book and try to get some real-world perspective on who is the worst threat right now.

EDIT: Besides, how can someone seriously believe in the teachings of a holy book from which they've had to pick their own parts to believe in because the other bits are evil? The whole concept is a joke.
    Last edited by Colonel Cærdiffi; 24-05-17 at 10:02.

Well I agree with you in principle, but lets take a look at which religion just blew up a bunch of children at a concert based on the beliefs garnered from their holy book and try to get some real-world perspective on who is the worst threat right now.
    It's not the religion that blew up the children, just as it's not Christianity that bombed Syria last month, despite Trump frequently referencing God in so many of his speeches.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    It's not the religion that blew up the children, just as it's not Christianity that bombed Syria last month, despite Trump frequently referencing God in so many of his speeches.
    I'm pretty sure these terrorists are big into this allah chap I've been hearing about.

EDIT: Besides, how can someone seriously believe in the teachings of a holy book from which they've had to pick their own parts to believe in because the other bits are evil? The whole concept is a joke.
    The problem with all of it, in all religions, is that children are being taught the passages & teachings of their 'holy books', by their fathers, imams etc, who are telling them that God is all powerful and that the teachings are all his words and he needs to be worshipped at all times. They then add in the caveat that whilst God's word is above all, they shouldn't actually rape women & pay off their father to make it ok, like God's word says. They shouldn't actually kill all who won't convert, like God's word says. They won't actually go to hell for wearing clothing of two different materials, like God's word says.

Books that have to be interpreted like that by children, just to stop them learning that a desire to behead all those kuffar bastards is all ok, should have no place in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    The problem with all of it, in all religions, is that children are being taught the passages & teachings of their 'holy books', by their fathers, imams etc, who are telling them that God is all powerful and that the teachings are all his words and he needs to be worshipped at all times. They then add in the caveat that whilst God's word is above all, they shouldn't actually rape women & pay off their father to make it ok, like God's word says. They shouldn't actually kill all who won't convert, like God's word says. They won't actually go to hell for wearing clothing of two different materials, like God's word says.

Books that have to be interpreted like that by children, just to stop them learning that a desire to behead all those kuffar bastards is all ok, should have no place in the world.
    I agree. It's messed up. Not to forget, there are many parts of the world where the adults don't even have the educational level equivalent of children so they go through life with this confusing drivel floating around in their heads just waiting for the day they can be put to good use by anyone looking to manipulate them.