+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tammy Abraham

Tammy Abraham

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...-a3934341.html

Was one we were after all summer; I wasn't personally too disappointed because didn't think he would fit. However in hindsight; could've been perfect.

Re: Tammy Abraham

Quality player, would have loved to have seen him here

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Quality player, would have loved to have seen him here
    He wasn't so great pre-season, I think his Chelsea days are numbered. This is his 3rd season long loan now? Modern football is crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    He wasn't so great pre-season, I think his Chelsea days are numbered. This is his 3rd season long loan now? Modern football is crazy
    Think he would have been good for us. Unlikely to make it at Chelsea, but I can see him developing into a good premier league striker

Don't think he'd last 2 minutes with Warnock.
    He has a a bad attitude, thinks he's better than he actually is unfortunately.
    Hopefully he'll grow out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    What makes you say that?

Just what we needed up front. Would have been a great loan signing.
    Spedger

The Bristol City fans worshiped him when he was with them. He hardly missed a game in his time there, and that was despite sometimes carrying a knock. I think he's a natural goalscorer, I would have liked to have seen him with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    What makes you say that?
    I read a lot of negative things about him, and witnessed his petulance first hand at Ashton Gate when we played them, where he made a right pr1ck of himself, and ended up storming off at the end.

He told Standard Sport: “I wanted Tammy Abraham from day one. I spoke to Eddie Newton (Chelsea’s loan player technical coach) about it, but he ended up at Aston Villa."

That surely has to be the same Eddie Newton who had a hugely successful loan spell with us himself (early 80's?), so successful that he was chaired off the pitch by the fans in his last game?

You'd have thought he might have had a bit of a soft spot for us and tried to personally make this deal go through, wouldn't you?

My guess is that Chelsea didn't want one of their stars playing for a "route one" side preferring instead to go for a "proper" footballing team.

I am being a bit flippant with my remark but propaganda from media, pundits and fellow professionals does have a bearing on such things.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    He told Standard Sport: “I wanted Tammy Abraham from day one. I spoke to Eddie Newton (Chelsea’s loan player technical coach) about it, but he ended up at Aston Villa."

That surely has to be the same Eddie Newton who had a hugely successful loan spell with us himself (early 80's?), so successful that he was chaired off the pitch by the fans in his last game?

You'd have thought he might have had a bit of a soft spot for us and tried to personally make this deal go through, wouldn't you?
    Yes it's the same Eddie Newton, that loan spell was quite some time ago, doubt he feels that much affinity to the club, though strange they didn't want him to have regular premier league football experience over more championship football.

What makes you say that?
    He’s played for Bristol City and Swansea and G rangerown blue’s IQ is so low he can’t help but be biased .

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    My guess is that Chelsea didn't want one of their stars playing for a "route one" side preferring instead to go for a "proper" footballing team.

I am being a bit flippant with my remark but propaganda from media, pundits and fellow professionals does have a bearing on such things.
    I think they probably wanted to be careful after the season wasted at Swansea.
    They struggled all season, and barely created any chances, and despite the stats showing he was probably their most dangerous attacker they didn't play him all that much.
    Everyone expects us to struggle this season and most to finish bottom, so they probably thought a season at a strong championship side would be better for him in the long run, where he will at least get the chance to do some attacking. I don't think long ball is necessarily a minus where he is concerned, as he has a lot of the attributes to do well in that regard.
    He's still young, plenty of time to get the right move to the premier league if he does well at villa

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    He’s played for Bristol City and Swansea and G rangerown blue’s IQ is so low he can’t help but be biased .
    I can spell Grangetown though x

Yeah you got me on one autocorrect mistake when all I’ve got on you is the years of absolute bollocks you’ve spouted.

Would have been a potentially exciting part of a front 3 along with Murphy and Reid, but can also envisage him being a frustrating player to watch if the crowd get on his back if they see him as not putting in 100%

Yeah you got me on one autocorrect mistake when all I’ve got on you is the years of absolute bollocks you’ve spouted.
    Just because you don't like it, or might disagree with it, it's not "bollocks".

I've never posted anything that's untrue, or is indeed is not a fact, unless you can prove otherwise, then pipe down.

What makes you say that?
    I will always remember him laughing in our keepers (Murphy) face,and aggressively taunting him as he lay on floor, after he'd unfortunately conceded an OG.
    He then gave it large when he scored, but ran straight off the pitch on his own at the end, as if to distance himself from his team because they got beat.

I notice, and remember things like that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Would have been a potentially exciting part of a front 3 along with Murphy and Reid, but can also envisage him being a frustrating player to watch if the crowd get on his back if they see him as not putting in 100%
    Any player who has played for the clubs he has will have elements of the crowd all too ready to turn on him. I don't get why Chelsea were reluctant to let him come here though if we were the only Premier League team in for him - they let Abraham go to the wurzels who have been more of a long ball team than us in our last few matches against them.

Just because you don't like it, or might disagree with it, it's not "bollocks".

I've never posted anything that's untrue, or is indeed is not a fact, unless you can prove otherwise, then pipe down.
    Your non stop bias is obvious for everyone to see. It’s embarrassing, I usually just skip over any post or thread you make because I can’t believe a grown man would think like that.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Any player who has played for the clubs he has will have elements of the crowd all too ready to turn on him. I don't get why Chelsea were reluctant to let him come here though if we were the only Premier League team in for him - they let Abraham go to the wurzels who have been more of a long ball team than us in our last few matches against them.
    Maybe they thought that there's more chance of Villa, instead of us, putting in an offer to buy him at the end of the season if he went there on loan?

Your non stop bias is obvious for everyone to see. It’s embarrassing, I usually just skip over any post or thread you make because I can’t believe a grown man would think like that.
    What bias?
    Are you referring to my disliking of an Englishman captaining Wales?

Please continue with the skipping, or better still, there's a block facility you could use, I'd appreciate that.

What makes you say that?
    I watched him in a TV interview saying that his goal is to win the Ballon d'Or.

He's bonkers.