+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: H&M in a bit of bother

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: H&M in a bit of bother

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    There is a big positive in all of this which Matt refers to. Kids these days including my own are not remotely bothered about skin colour,sexuality etc. My cousins are brown and used to come and see us in Gloucestershire where my parents live. The local kids used to make monkey noises when we played down the local playing field. I hated it.
    That would just not happen these days.

We have moved on.
    Kids are innocent and oblivious to it All, that's a good thing for sure.

My daughter has a Lithuanian friend, she also had a Chinese friend and a Spanish friend and she's learned basic words off them. I know she can count to 20 in Chinese and Spanish all self taught off Google.

Kids see friendship.

Re: H&M in a bit of bother

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Kids are innocent and oblivious to it All, that's a good thing for sure.

My daughter has a Lithuanian friend, she also had a Chinese friend and a Spanish friend and she's learned basic words off them. I know she can count to 20 in Chinese and Spanish all self taught off Google.

Kids see friendship.

Indeed

I have told the story of my oldest coming home from school ( she was in reception year, so about 5 yr old ) , she said " Dad, we have a Polish girl in our class, she cannot speak English, can i learn Polish ", Hmmmmm i said, yes sure, we will see,
    She asked again, so i looked online for a course, found some Polish girl who would send you the .wav file of the word, so you knew the pronunciation, we learnt it together, we can say a few greetings, have a good weekend, shall we play, how are you. etc etc

It was a shame when the girl learnt to speak English, she was a bloody horrid girl by the time she left for secondary school ( a different one to my daughter thankfully )