+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: H&M in a bit of bother

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: H&M in a bit of bother

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Tough Time for the parents the secondary school 1st year imho

We had a choice of 5 secondary schools, 2 in our town ( that my daughter had to do " taster days " at, she knew both from doing sports and drama stuff at, hated them both ) our first choice we did not get in ( till later ) so she went to one in another town ( though she knew a few from her swimming club, also in the same town ) the tough thing was, none of her primary school went to this school, so she was alone ( apart from them from her swimming club ), after day 2 we had a phone call and would we like to start in the 1st choice school ( where most of her mates went to ) , we asked her and she said " No Dad, we have got all the uniform and PE kit, i like the school, so i a happy to stay " , we discussed it a little more, mainly as all her old mates were at this school, but she has made a few new friends and was happy

I drive her in the morning, and either myself or wife pick her up at 3, we are back to walk down to take to and collect youngest from primary school, so its not too much of a bother

As it happens, she has done well and made loads of " good quality " friends, We couldnt have asked for more not looking forward to youngest starting a 18 months time, as surely we wont be so lucky twice ? ?
    Indeed. Both my lads when to a small village primary and then onto a huge secondary school. My older lad really struggled for two or three years although fortunately my younger lad found it very easy. A lot depends on the personality of the kids. My older son has always been academic and serious and not sporty. My younger lad is sporty and a bit of a lad.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Indeed. Both my lads when to a small village primary and then onto a huge secondary school. My older lad really struggled for two or three years although fortunately my younger lad found it very easy. A lot depends on the personality of the kids. My older son has always been academic and serious and not sporty. My younger lad is sporty and a bit of a lad.
    Thinly veiled ' My youngest sings "we're Reading, we're Reading, we'll kick yer fecking head in".

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    Thinly veiled ' My youngest sings "we're Reading, we're Reading, we'll kick yer fecking head in".