+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is it such an achievement for Wales to have qualified from the group stages?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Is it such an achievement for Wales to have qualified from the group stages?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I'd agree with that. Looking at it now and it's clear that Turkey weren't the same side that had beaten France 2-0 and drawn 1-1 away from home in the qualification for Euros 2020 so their FIFA ranking more telling of their current position, especially as they only won one game in the whole of 2020.

I'd agree with Splott Parker's point that tonight's game will show our result against Switzerland in a different light. Like Russia coming out of 2016 and then out of 2018, our perception of opposition teams after tournaments does tend to change quite a bit.

If I'm allowed to add two more things: i) in time we'll come to see playing Italy third as our one advantage in this competition and ii) we've picked up 4 points from opening games of 2016 and 2020. That's a fantastic habit and really says a lot of positive things about the sides we produced.
    Yes, there are nothing but positives from our Euro performances. It's been amazing!!

Re: Is it such an achievement for Wales to have qualified from the group stages?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Yes, there are nothing but positives from our Euro performances. It's been amazing!!
    Sarcasm? What have I said to deserve that?

I was disappointed with Denmark game - lack of plan B, showing too much frustration - but much more positive than negative overall when judged on context of it.

For Splott Parker, we won against Slovakia and drew again Switzerland giving us fast start in both tournaments when vitally important.

I was disappointed with Denmark game - lack of plan B, showing too much frustration - but much more positive than negative overall when judged on context of it.

For Splott Parker, we won against Slovakia and drew again Switzerland giving us fast start in both tournaments when vitally important.
    Ah, I read it as we picked up 4 points from the first two games of both tournaments

Well we got as far as the reigning Euro & World Champs which sounds pretty good to me.

No sarcasm, honestly. I'm proud of our efforts. We fell short against Denmark. Got a good draw against Switzerland. We can take positives from the tournament, even in defeat.

No sarcasm, honestly. I'm proud of our efforts. We fell short against Denmark. Got a good draw against Switzerland. We can take positives from the tournament, even in defeat.
    We were very fortunate to draw with Switzerland though. They should have scored three or four against us.

After tonight, anyone who says no needs their head checking.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post

They say the same thing.