Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
Very True. Slade was asked to do a specific job, and he did it. The problem was that "entertainment" wasn't part of the job description.

The real villain of the piece here is Trollope imho, but even then I think he fell into the old trap of being promoted to a position he wasn't ready for.

As you say, most of the anti-slade posts are more to do with Tandy than Slade imho.
I totally disagree that Trollope was a villain. Trollope was a true football man who was committed to turning this club around, but for one reason or another his man management skills weren't up to the task and further goes to show that a good coach doesn't always equate to a good manager.

Slade was a chancer who somehow blagged his way through 18 months at this club. He should have gone after the Watford debacle around Christmas time just before he brought Trollope in.

I've outlined the reasons i thought so little of him many times and none of this had anything to do with Tandy.

I don't take pleaure in him being sacked at Coventry though (the part once he moved on was to do with Tandy baiting) I'm just glad i no longer have to endure his "brand" of football.