+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tanner And Bowler

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Tanner And Bowler

I think Bowler is relatively easy to work out whereas Tanner is a bit more random, therefore not as easy to defend

Re: Tanner And Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I think Bowler is relatively easy to work out whereas Tanner is a bit more random, therefore not as easy to defend
    The Tanner of the last two or three months is simple to defend against and Bowler is going the same way, Meite has been our most effective winger in recent weeks.

I don't think anyone is saying that our wingers should just stay out wide and demand that the ball be played to them, but, especially in a 4-2-3-1, they are essentially attacking players, as is whoever plays number ten. Bowler and Tanner play with a full back behind them and so I'd say they have a relatively light time of it compared to someone who plays as a wing back and is expected to do the lot in wide areas.

Bowler and Tanner are never described as full backs or wing backs, everyone knows them as wingers, yet the latter in particular has become an auxiliary defender in recent months and the job he is really in the side for, the role which first attracted City's attention, is in danger of becoming secondary to the out of possession stuff which Bulut took him off at half time about at Ipswich. People talk about the ball not sticking with our centre forwards, but it's little wonder that it doesn't when they tend to be so isolated from their so called attacking partners.