+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Speeding fine conundrum ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Speeding fine conundrum ?

I have just spoken to my house insurers & have been informed that I cannot use my legal cover for this problem.
    Yesterday I contacted DVLA to have my registration changed.
    I am sending my V5 off today with a covering letter explaining that I want to surrender my registration & be issued with a new one as i believe my car has been cloned.
    This will take 2-4 weeks according to them so last night I ordered a new set of number plates in my registration but with the Welsh flag on the side of the plates (no V5, driving license or proof of address required even though the authorities claim that is the only way you can get new plates).
    I will fit the new plates when they arrive, hopefully tomorrow, & photograph them being fitted.
    If I receive any more tickets for offences committed between tomorrow & when I have my new registration & number plates I hope that as the clone cars plates does not have a flag I can use this to prove it is not my car committing these offences.
    As blue matt stated the police & authorities are not interested at all.
    As far as they are concerned either I am committing the offences or I know who is driving the car committing these offences 7 am refusing to tell them.
    There are estimated to be at least 10,000 cloned cars on the roads committing various offences & unless the clone is involved in an accident where the driver cannot drive it away or is actually physically stopped by a real Policeman, as opposed to being photographed by gatso"s, camera vans etc there is no way of catching them.

Quote Originally Posted by headlight View Post
    I have just spoken to my house insurers & have been informed that I cannot use my legal cover for this problem.
    Yesterday I contacted DVLA to have my registration changed.
    I am sending my V5 off today with a covering letter explaining that I want to surrender my registration & be issued with a new one as i believe my car has been cloned.
    This will take 2-4 weeks according to them so last night I ordered a new set of number plates in my registration but with the Welsh flag on the side of the plates (no V5, driving license or proof of address required even though the authorities claim that is the only way you can get new plates).
    I will fit the new plates when they arrive, hopefully tomorrow, & photograph them being fitted.
    If I receive any more tickets for offences committed between tomorrow & when I have my new registration & number plates I hope that as the clone cars plates does not have a flag I can use this to prove it is not my car committing these offences.
    As blue matt stated the police & authorities are not interested at all.
    As far as they are concerned either I am committing the offences or I know who is driving the car committing these offences 7 am refusing to tell them.
    There are estimated to be at least 10,000 cloned cars on the roads committing various offences & unless the clone is involved in an accident where the driver cannot drive it away or is actually physically stopped by a real Policeman, as opposed to being photographed by gatso"s, camera vans etc there is no way of catching them.
    That is fecking outrageous. If I were in your shoes I'd be gutted.

Cloning is such an easy thing to do & so difficult to prove.
    5 doors away from me they have a similar car to mine, albeit a saloon not an estate & 3 years older, but it is a similar colour & from the front looks exactly the same as mine.
    If I were to have a set of plates made up in their reg & fit them to my car I could go out & commit lots of motoring offences & they would receive all the fines/points.
    As long as the photographic evidence was pictures of the front of the car (like my offence is) then it would be virtually impossible for them to prove it was not them committing the offences.

Don't forget to include a Daily Newspaper in your photo of the number plate change. Digital Date stamps can be faked but the daily paper in the photo is still reliable evidence.

The original poster sounds like a rotter to me. And if there's one thing worse than a rotter it's a tightfisted rotter. In the unlikely event it wasn't him tearing around the streets at breakneck speed, he should content himself with the knowledge that in paying the fines he's helping to lower the country's annual deficit.

But seriously, having your number plate cloned could result in a driving ban in next to no time plus a court appearance should the phantom driver reach crazy speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    Don't forget to include a Daily Newspaper in your photo of the number plate change. Digital Date stamps can be faked but the daily paper in the photo is still reliable evidence.
    And a shit casio telling the time.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    In these days of Photoshop, how does that work?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    In these days of Photoshop, how does that work?
    In the old days you used to send yourself a copy (normally the music you created) via recorded deliver and sealed with a wax stamp and not open until the time to prove was necessary, or something like that!

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    In the old days you used to send yourself a copy (normally the music you created) via recorded deliver and sealed with a wax stamp and not open until the time to prove was necessary, or something like that!
    You can still use Photoshop on it beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    You can still use Photoshop on it beforehand.
    But the date it was posted is the key. I knew a musician that used to write for bigger artist and he sent his music to himself recorded delivery so any disputes to the ownership of the music he had the date it was posted and a recording/sheet music inside the envelope.

Felt i was missing out on the biggest thread so wanted to contribute something