+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is British opinion being fashioned by young, inexperienced "professionals" ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Is British opinion being fashioned by young, inexperienced "professionals" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Watched the final episode of Press tonight. Found it overall rather light-weight and dumbed-down, but my main reservation was the portrayal of editors and main reporters as folk in their twenties, albeit highly educated.

I initially thought this was poor casting - until after further thought, I realized that this group do appear to be influential in all aspects of the media, forming and influencing public opinion.

If true, are they really qualified for this weighty responsibility?
    Ironically, as the UK becomes increasingly dumbed-down in all aspects, a new elite has emerged over the last couple of decades who dictate and form and judge and lecture to the rest on how to live and behave. It's a return to a 19th century dynamic, albeit in the 21st century. How ironic !

Re: Is British opinion being fashioned by young, inexperienced "professionals" ?

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Ironically, as the UK becomes increasingly dumbed-down in all aspects, a new elite has emerged over the last couple of decades who dictate and form and judge and lecture to the rest on how to live and behave. It's a return to a 19th century dynamic, albeit in the 21st century. How ironic !
    Recently leaked internal documents from Google have shown that they are quite keen on censorship too.