+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The dutch general election. The biggest one so far for the right wing?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The dutch general election. The biggest one so far for the right wing?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Or have closed borders like the rest of the world do
    And let multinational companies play us off against one another? No thanks one world government for me, where do I sign up?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    And let multinational companies play us off against one another? No thanks one world government for me, where do I sign up?
    Regarding the multinationals, I think you will find it works in the opposite direction

Regarding the multinationals, I think you will find it works in the opposite direction
    I think you will find that it doesn't.

I think you will find that it doesn't.
    Please explain how stopping foreign workers from undercutting the wages of local workers, and the introduction of trade tarriffs would benefit the multinationals?

Please explain how stopping foreign workers from undercutting the wages of local workers, and the introduction of trade tarriffs would benefit the multinationals?
    The main leverage multinationals have on nations is the threat of moving to a lower cost country, they actively use this to reduce regulations, and keep their tax burden down to a laughable level. With one global government they wouldn't be able to shuffle off to a tax haven, or threaten to move to a different country, their main levers will have been taken away

The main leverage multinationals have on nations is the threat of moving to a lower cost country, they actively use this to reduce regulations, and keep their tax burden down to a laughable level. With one global government they wouldn't be able to shuffle off to a tax haven, or threaten to move to a different country, their main levers will have been taken away
    And how about the tarrifs? Which is precisely what Trump is proposing to do, and the globalists are wetting themselves because the moment he does that it's game over.

If there is ever a one-world government, and it becomes a dictatorship/theocracy/autocracy/plutocracy, with a powerful police force and intelligence networks (there will be no need for a military), then how will that police-state be challenged from within?

At the moment on planet Earth there are multiple countries, cultures and languages, which all allow the creation and exchange of ideas and ways of living. In a globalist's world, all of these differences would eventually disappear. There would be no outside help to challenge the ruling class who, lets face it, our pretty reluctant to give up their power and wealth under our current system. I can't see that the powerful would behave any differently under a one-world government, which is why such systems are usually portrayed as being oppressive in speculative fiction.