+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The end of Mauve and Yellow Army.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The end of Mauve and Yellow Army.

That site is in wordpress - the critical error you get usually points to a wordpress plugin causing a conflict somewhere.
    So FTP to the server - go to the wp-content folder and then go into the plugins folder.
    In there you will see all the plugins, rename each one by just adding an 'x' to it. This will effectively mean no plugins will load.

Now go back to your site and login - it should now work - of sorts.
    Now start to rename the plugins back to their original name one by one. After each rename go back to your wordpress dashboard and hit F5 to refresh.

One of those plugins will be the issue. When you have post here which one it is and I'll tell what to do next.

Bob - just to add my appreciation of your blog...which I look forward to as a mouthpiece of what most fans think.
    As for the problem itself....I don't use Wordpress but I do still run a website design company - and often it can be a simple issue with them...or maybe they have introduced something that is no longer compatible with your site (eg..as someone mentioned....a new version of PHP).

Any chance of publishing exactly what the message was? I know that if I get in touch with the hosting company I use and tell them it was ok yesterday but today I get an error.....they would be extremely helpful to find (and resolve) the issue.

run

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Bob - just to add my appreciation of your blog...which I look forward to as a mouthpiece of what most fans think.
    As for the problem itself....I don't use Wordpress but I do still run a website design company - and often it can be a simple issue with them...or maybe they have introduced something that is no longer compatible with your site (eg..as someone mentioned....a new version of PHP).

Any chance of publishing exactly what the message was? I know that if I get in touch with the hosting company I use and tell them it was ok yesterday but today I get an error.....they would be extremely helpful to find (and resolve) the issue.

run
    I put the message I’m getting in the first message in the thread Maurice.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I put the message I’m getting in the first message in the thread Maurice.
    yes I saw.....but what were the instructions in the inbox?

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    That site is in wordpress - the critical error you get usually points to a wordpress plugin causing a conflict somewhere.
    So FTP to the server - go to the wp-content folder and then go into the plugins folder.
    In there you will see all the plugins, rename each one by just adding an 'x' to it. This will effectively mean no plugins will load.

Now start to rename the plugins back to their original name one by one. After each rename go back to your wordpress dashboard and hit F5 to refresh.

One of those plugins will be the issue. When you have post here which one it is and I'll tell what to do next.
    Thanks, I think you might be right because that’s something I have done in the past when there was something wrong with the blog, but I was able to access the dashboard then. This time it’s not even allowing me to log in. I don’t know if you read earlier in the thread when I said I contacted the Web hosting company only to be told they had a technical issue which meant that they were unable to help me at that time, so I’m hoping that might have something to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post

I too think that is likely.....and a sound way forward...but if I understand correctly, Bob would be a bit wary of doing that. If they worked 'yesterday' and he has not changed anything, then it must be something that the hosting company has changed that makes something (maybe a plugin...) incompatible. The hosting company would no doubt have had similar issues reported by other users.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    I too think that is likely.....and a sound way forward...but if I understand correctly, Bob would be a bit wary of doing that. If they worked 'yesterday' and he has not changed anything, then it must be something that the hosting company has changed that makes something (maybe a plugin...) incompatible. The hosting company would no doubt have had similar issues reported by other users.
    Yes, I think that could well be the problem - plug it in.
    Seriously, I do have the foggiest idea what you are all talking about. Good luck anyway..

Wait and see what the hosting come back with. WP plugins and WP itself can auto update if it's a serious fix - that could have affected the plugins.

When you get an update from the hosting Co update the thread.
    Should be straight forward to fix