+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: YOUR SON/DAUGHTER'S FIRST CITY GAME

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: YOUR SON/DAUGHTER'S FIRST CITY GAME

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    My boys were born in Leyton, but were too young to go to a game.
    I moved back to Wales when they were 5 and 2, and they 'supported' ManU!
    I managed to take them to a game vs Hartlepool, Tony Philliskirk's debut - he bplayed a blinder but didn't score in our 3-0 win.

Now they are both ST holders.
    Tony Philliskirk "played a blinder"? Was it City who were playing Hartlepool that day ?

Don't have a son and daughter to take to matches, but I took my nephew to his first match when he was six or seven - City 1 Oxford 1 in January 2000, a poor game where nothing much happened for long periods, but the goals by both sides were fantastic and they must have been enough to get him interested, because he's a big football fan who still comes down to Cardiff from his Birmingham home to watch at least one City match a season.

My niece came to our Premier League match with Newcastle in October 2013 about six months after she was in with the away fans when she went to our game with Leicester with her Leicester supporting partner.

Can't remember the exact games, but 2 early ones with my son do spring to mind. One was on the Bob Bank v Jacks - he was maybe about 6 - and was intrigued to see other boys a bit older than him wearing swimming googles and inflatable arm bands. I think I made up some story.

Think the first might have been in the Canton Stand v Coventry - again when he was about 6. I had to take him for a wee in the first half, and we only realised towards the end of the game that Coventry had scored while we were out. Think we lost that 1-0.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Tony Philliskirk "played a blinder"? Was it City who were playing Hartlepool that day ?

Don't have a son and daughter to take to matches, but I took my nephew to his first match when he was six or seven - City 1 Oxford 1 in January 2000, a poor game where nothing much happened for long periods, but the goals by both sides were fantastic and they must have been enough to get him interested, because he's a big football fan who still comes down to Cardiff from his Birmingham home to watch at least one City match a season.

My niece came to our Premier League match with Newcastle in October 2013 about six months after she was in with the away fans when she went to our game with Leicester with her Leicester supporting partner.
    Yeah, it was his debut and he did actually play very well - for probably the only time.