+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Just back. Callum Paterson..

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Just back. Callum Paterson..

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    He was injured , then took a while to get himself fit.

He’s been good for the last few games he played.

Far bigger goal threat that our £5m striker.

Full of commitment and a nightmare for defenders and the keeper.

Love watching them panic when he closes them down. He goes for them full blooded unlike most others who make half hearted efforts and then slow down when they get near the keeper . Paterson makes sure they know that they’ve got to get rid or get flattened.

For a big guy he’s no slouch either. Not the quickest in the turn maybe, but once he gets going ��
    He was injured, then came back and was nowhere near last night's standard for months. Playing like he did last night, he has to be in the starting line up every game, but he has added very little to the side this season until recently - I was prepared to partially excuse his poor form because he had missed so much of pre season training, but, based on last night, he has gained a huge amount of fitness and stamina in mid season (something that only happens very rarely with professional footballers) or he was not as committed earlier as he usually is for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    He was injured, then came back and was nowhere near last night's standard for months. Playing like he did last night, he has to be in the starting line up every game, but he has added very little to the side this season until recently - I was prepared to partially excuse his poor form because he had missed so much of pre season training, but, based on last night, he has gained a huge amount of fitness and stamina in mid season (something that only happens very rarely with professional footballers) or he was not as committed earlier as he usually is for some reason.
    On that basis Bob we wouldn't be able to field a full side

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I was a bit dismayed when I saw him earlier in the season, he looked heavy and miles off the pace. I can only assume it affected his confidence. The last four of five games I have definitely seen glimpses of the man who did admirably well in both our promotion and last season. Last night he seemed to have finally regained that level of play, I'm happy for him but more so for the team.

He ain't heavy, he's our brother