+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Thank Whitts !!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Thank Whitts !!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Are you pissed?

Whittingham is the best passer we have at the club. We'll need someone with quality on the ball if we're to challenge. Having lots of energy and passion in the middle isn't enough. Arguably the best centre midfield partnership I ever saw play for us was Scimeca and McPhail. Scimeca provided a box to box energy that was incredible and McPhail was the brains who could spray the ball about, make telling passes.
    And when Scimeca got injured we dropped off the top of the league. This is the sort of combination we need again. But sadly I don't think Whitts can provide any part of it.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    And when Scimeca got injured we dropped off the top of the league. This is the sort of combination we need again. But sadly I don't think Whitts can provide any part of it.
    Spedger
    It's an ideal combo if you can get it and make it work. Despite the thoughts of some, McPhail was a good worker in midfield though would sometimes mistime tackles. He had great vision and was always available to receive the ball and move it on quickly. Whittingham, as a playmaker, was never in the same league as McPhail.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    It's an ideal combo if you can get it and make it work. Despite the thoughts of some, McPhail was a good worker in midfield though would sometimes mistime tackles. He had great vision and was always available to receive the ball and move it on quickly. Whittingham, as a playmaker, was never in the same league as McPhail.
    Whitts in my opinion is leagues above Mcphail in every aspect of the game.

Im certain Whitts whose best days are gone could still do what Mcphail did and better.

If that was him saying goodbye, it's very sad.

Thank you for everything, Whitts. Club legend.