+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: so Spillers bans Morrissey

Re: so Spillers bans Morrissey

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I'm going to have my dinner, and when I come back I hope to see some convincing arguments made, showing why opinions that you don't agree with have to be silenced.
    Mate you don't have to explain that you're going to be away for a bit. It's an anonymous internet message board, you could disappear for a year and no one would care

I bet you are all for the spying on political opponents too, as long as it's not the one that you vote for. You see, when you start all of this shit, you can never stop.
    So are we all still Communists for defending a private business?

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    In that case I'd review your observations a bit more rigorously if I were you as your promulgations don't reach any intellectual level whatsoever.
    There is a wealth of historical knowledge regarding the shutting down free speech and spying on political opponents, etc.. If you believe so strongly in this type of behaviour, you should have no trouble defending it. Go on, give it your best shot.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Mate you don't have to explain that you're going to be away for a bit. It's an anonymous internet message board, you could disappear for a year and no one would care
    It means you've got an hour to come up with something more substantial than the bollocks you have been talking so far

There is a wealth of historical knowledge regarding the shutting down free speech and spying on political opponents, etc.. If you believe so strongly in this type of behaviour, you should have no trouble defending it. Go on, give it your best shot.
    I'm defending the right of a private business owner to exercise their free will to not stock a shit record by a shit person with a particularly nasty and shitty political affiliation.

I'm defending the right of a private business owner to exercise their free will to not stock a shit record by a shit person with a particularly nasty and shitty political affiliation.
    Yes, I know you got the same memo as everybody else, and we all know that weaponising attacks on free speech is a marxist construct that is as old as the hills, so how about telling me why it is such a good thing and why I should be supporting it?

Pearl clutching, pojecting, conspiracy theorising, right leaning, jew fearing, hypocritical, 'free speech' enthusing, not right in the mind people such as your good self.
    Spot on disingenuous is exactly right.

This is free speech being exercised on both sides.

The right of “free speech” is just that the government can’t arrest you for it, it’s got nothing to do with a private business stocking a record.

It also ignores the paradox of free speech. Should someone who wants to murder all white people be allowed to preach this on the streets. Is it true freedom if it makes the lives of others less free?

Yes, I know you got the same memo as everybody else, and we all know that weaponising attacks on free speech is a marxist construct that is as old as the hills, so how about telling me why it is such a good thing and why I should be supporting it.
    Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Jesus Christ
    I'm guessing you won't be able to go beyond the shop ownership arguement either, or the consequences of it being scaled up to the point that all businesses start operating as political activists.

I'm guessing you won't be able to go beyond the shop ownership arguement either, or the consequences of it being scaled up to the point that all businesses start operating as political activists.
    But isn’t them doing that exercising their free speech?

Should record shops be forced to sell every record that’s produced?

Your last point is very straw man isn’t it?

Yes, I know you got the same memo as everybody else, and we all know that weaponising attacks on free speech is a marxist construct that is as old as the hills, so how about telling me why it is such a good thing and why I should be supporting it?
    "You cannot enjoy the advantages of a free press without putting up with its inconveniences. You cannot pluck the rose without its thorns!" —Karl Marx

That's about all he had to say about free speech, he was more for freedom of the people and raising up those in poverty to a position where their speech mattered.

What definition of Marxism is your intellect labouring under to come up with 'weaponised attacks' in the context of a private business owner choosing to not stock a record?

It doesn't matter. Your language gives you away every time Maybe spend more time on constructing a decent argument
    Gives me away? Get over yourself man who gives a flying **** that a record shop stopped selling Morrissey records and comparing it to North Korea

Jesus Christ
    I'm not sure he understands what Communism/Marxism is

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    He understands it as the propaganda he’s read on right wing conspiracy websites without realising he’s being taken in then tries to pass it off as faux intellectualism.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Suggesting that people are "not right in the mind" because they don't share your views is pretty low
    Isn’t he saying people who follow fascist parties like Britain first and the people who defend them aren’t right in the head.

Must we treat all views equally even when they’re far right views?

Isn’t he saying people who follow fascist parties like Britain first and the people who defend them aren’t right in the head.

I'm very happy to stand by comment that I think the poster 'Wales-Blaes' is not right in the mind. I'm not mocking his disability, merely pointing out that he may have one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Suggesting that people are "not right in the mind" because they don't share your views is pretty low
    I'm not suggesting it because he doesn't share my views, I'm suggesting it because his views are consistently batshit mental.

He's saying people have a right to express their opinions as long as they are not breaking the law.

Everybody else is saying that people with opinions different to their own need to be silenced.

I'm very happy to stand by comment that I think the poster 'Wales-Blaes' is not right in the mind. I'm not mocking his disability, merely pointing out that he may have one.
    That's it move onto the insults, as you are clearly not capable of constructing an arguement that backs up your opinion that opposing views need to be silenced if you don't agree with them. There is a word for people like you

He understands it as the propaganda he’s read on right wing conspiracy websites without realising he’s being taken in then tries to pass it off as faux intellectualism.
    Conspiracy AND right wing in the same sentence

You obviously haven't grasped the concept of free speech

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    That's where you would be very mistaken

BTW I am still waiting for someone to justify the silencing of voices they don't agree with ... come on, surely somebody has got it in them to put together a convincing argument?

You obviously haven't grasped the concept of free speech
    And you don't understand that whilst you can have free speech, your speech will still have consequence.

That's where you would be very mistaken

BTW I am still waiting for somebody to justify the silencing of voices they don't agree with ...
    "Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance. If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. In this formulation, I do not imply, for instance, that we should always suppress the utterance of intolerant philosophies; as long as we can counter them by rational argument and keep them in check by public opinion, suppression would certainly be most unwise. But we should claim the right to suppress them if necessary even by force; for it may easily turn out that they are not prepared to meet us on the level of rational argument, but begin by denouncing all argument; they may forbid their followers to listen to rational argument, because it is deceptive, and teach them to answer arguments by the use of their fists or pistols. We should therefore claim, in the name of tolerance, the right not to tolerate the intolerant. We should claim that any movement preaching intolerance places itself outside the law, and we should consider incitement to intolerance and persecution as criminal, in the same way as we should consider incitement to murder, or to kidnapping, or to the revival of the slave trade, as criminal."

Karl Popper, Jewish philosopher who fled from Nazis in the 1930s

A nice justification of silencing voices you don't agree with for you.

It means you've got an hour to come up with something more substantial than the bollocks you have been talking so far
    You're making some hilariously incorrect assumptions about how much I care about your opinion of mine