+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Boris is human just bagged a load of man votes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Boris is human just bagged a load of man votes

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Nothing wrong with her calling the Police. Nothing suspicious about that bearing in mind two people having what sounds like a violent argument.

As for calling the Guardian, well I guess tahe has to answer for that.

Money I’d suggest.
    Or they spotted an opportunity for a bit of political mischievousness perhaps?

It sounds like the woman was being violent/unruly, while Boris was trying to calm her down.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post

It sounds like the woman was being violent/unruly, while Boris was trying to calm her down.
    BBC reporter: "But does what allegedly happened in the London flat Mr Johnson shares with his partner really matter? His critics will say yes. They argue that we need someone of good character who can make difficult decisions and work under pressure."

So even if Boris was calm and being the peacemaker, he's now unfit to be PM according to the BBC

'Unruly'? Didn't she know her place?

As to Boris being the peacemaker - you seem to have contorted an explanation for what happened out of the selected transcripts that defies the limited evidence available. To me it sounds like Boris Johnson was being an entitled, boorish twat, and throwing his considerable weight around. Nothing new there.

And of course the Guardian will look to score points off Johnson, and Corbyn, and Trump. And of course they identify with the Blairite group in the PLP as they do with the Labour Friends of Israel. The difference being that Johnson and Trump seem to thrive on liberal media attacks whilst Corbyn gets buried by them. However, it doesn't make the Guardian report wrong, or most of their commentary on what it says about our future PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    'Unruly'? Didn't she know her place?

As to Boris being the peacemaker - you seem to have contorted an explanation for what happened out of the selected transcripts that defies the limited evidence available. To me it sounds like Boris Johnson was being an entitled, boorish twat, and throwing his considerable weight around. Nothing new there.

And of course the Guardian will look to score points off Johnson, and Corbyn, and Trump. And of course they identify with the Blairite group in the PLP as they do with the Labour Friends of Israel. The difference being that Johnson and Trump seem to thrive on liberal media attacks whilst Corbyn gets buried by them. However, it doesn't make the Guardian report wrong, or most of their commentary on what it says about our future PM.
    But the report said Boris was calm and his partner was screaming. Much ado about nothing me thinks, but the BBC have shown their true colours. I can't see the blue rinse brigade being taken in by this though, and his support will probably go up!

I can't remember the lady's name but she was a journalist working alongside Boris Johnson before he became a politician, and was interviewed on the Today programme (Radio 4) this morning. She recalled that he had quite a temper, possibly worse than that of Gordon Brown (who apparently was quite a different character behind the scenes, to the one we saw in public).

Boris certainly knows how to play his audience, witness the way he dodged questions about the incident with the girl friend during the hustings interview and got the audience on his side. He seems to get by on bluff and bluster - I don't think this will get him very far with EU negotiators!

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I can't remember the lady's name but she was a journalist working alongside Boris Johnson before he became a politician, and was interviewed on the Today programme (Radio 4) this morning. She recalled that he had quite a temper, possibly worse than that of Gordon Brown (who apparently was quite a different character behind the scenes, to the one we saw in public).

Boris certainly knows how to play his audience, witness the way he dodged questions about the incident with the girl friend during the hustings interview and got the audience on his side. He seems to get by on bluff and bluster - I don't think this will get him very far with EU negotiators!
    Sonia Purnell has history with him though
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Just-Boris-.../dp/1845137167

Churchill had a terrible temper , a lot of high profile leaders do , Its pressure release, part of there ambition drive ,born form frustration

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Sonia Purnell has history with him though
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Just-Boris-.../dp/1845137167

Churchill had a terrible temper , a lot of high profile leaders do , Its pressure release, part of there ambition drive ,born form frustration
    Oh that excuses him then I assume? I'd honestly like to know what positive qualities Johnson brings to the highest levels of Government? This isn't an old lefty just indulging in a bit of tory bashing because I can see why people might support the likes of Gove, Hunt, Javid and Stewart, but what on earth is there that Boris brings to the table that could benefit Britain in its present parlous state? People bleat on about his charisma. I don't see it myself, that might down to a blind spot on my behalf I suppose, but, given the mess we're in, do we really want charisma at the moment? Seems to me, someone with an eye for detail, a very good work ethic and the ability to listen to other viewpoints is what we need, not a highly ambitious blusterer.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Oh that excuses him then I assume? I'd honestly like to know what positive qualities Johnson brings to the highest levels of Government? This isn't an old lefty just indulging in a bit of tory bashing because I can see why people might support the likes of Gove, Hunt, Javid and Stewart, but what on earth is there that Boris brings to the table that could benefit Britain in its present parlous state? People bleat on about his charisma. I don't see it myself, that might down to a blind spot on my behalf I suppose, but, given the mess we're in, do we really want charisma at the moment? Seems to me, someone with an eye for detail, a very good work ethic and the ability to listen to other viewpoints is what we need, not a highly ambitious blusterer.
    Not excusing him or even liking him???? Just pointing out many leaders over the years , have had awful tempers .

Lets hope Mr Hunt beats him ,which won't shock me as the next four weeks will put this buffoon and Liz Truss his spokesperson under great pressure and scrutiny , she was on radio five this morning trying to deflect crashing out , but would not be drawn on his domestics .

I wouldn't be shocked old Boris likes two many of the reds leaving him not in control of himself .

If Boris does becomes leader , it will be a big contest of partner counts between him and Jezzie

Or will clean Mr Hunt appear in a late run ?

But the report said Boris was calm and his partner was screaming. Much ado about nothing me thinks, but the BBC have shown their true colours. I can't see the blue rinse brigade being taken in by this though, and his support will probably go up!
    https://www.bmgresearch.co.uk/is-the...ity-in-the-uk/

"Perhaps this is a classic case of confirmation bias. This is when people remember or interpret information selectively, or in a biased way that confirms their preexisting beliefs. The effect tends to be stronger for emotionally charged and deeply entrenched social issues. Issues like Brexit for instance."

I see you've, yet again, carefully weighed up the evidence, balanced the pros and cons in your unbiased way and come to exactly the same conclusion as you always do - the person you consider to be the anti globalist is 100% right.

https://www.bmgresearch.co.uk/is-the...ity-in-the-uk/

"Perhaps this is a classic case of confirmation bias. This is when people remember or interpret information selectively, or in a biased way that confirms their preexisting beliefs. The effect tends to be stronger for emotionally charged and deeply entrenched social issues. Issues like Brexit for instance."

I see you've, yet again, carefully weighed up the evidence, balanced the pros and cons in your unbiased way and come to exactly the same conclusion as you always do - the person you consider to be the anti globalist is 100% right.
    Lol I read all sources matey, and I know exactly what is going on

Lol I read all sources matey, and I know exactly what is going on
    Thought you only read Twitter?

Thought you only read Twitter?
    Every single journalist in the world is on Twitter!