Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
This is where we are with some people.

We all need to have a reality check here muslims are taking over our country and is so serious I fear for all my children friends community. ........Stop buying goods from their shops ....they have local stores everywhere ignore them in the streets ...dont go to their restaurant's. ........do not communicate with them ....as you cannot trust any of them .....think of youre children .....I have seen just in st helens road swansea muslims were actually selling knives on the street .....shocking

Before spelling police and the anti Swansea brigade get here I dont agree with the sentiments but I feel her fear and understand her irrational chain of thought. I know this person , who is genuine caring person generally , wouldn't hurt a fly.
The media attention has to be more balanced or we are in danger of more people becoming irrational and anti muslim.
Thats the reaction the cowardly terrorist wankers want.
I think you're spot on James. The media in general, and more specifically the likes of Katie Hopkins, not forgetting of course politicians like Farage, need to take a long hard look at themselves. Of course they have to report on such atrocities, but as you say, they need to tone down the sensationalism, all that does is whip up more fear, more hate, more division (which is pretty much doing part of the terrorists job for them)

I'm not going to stop visiting shops and restaurants that are owned by Muslims, I have never, not once, had an experience of a Muslim being rude to me or giving me any sort of shit (unlike some of my own ethnicity) but I too understand your friend's reaction, these days I do look one extra time when crossing the road, and make sure I'm aware of what's happening around me when walking to work, so I get it. But it is a real tragedy when an otherwise rational person starts thinking irrationally.