+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: T. Rex Live 1972 Capitol Theatre

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: T. Rex Live 1972 Capitol Theatre

Of all the things that Cardiff had to offer before my time, seeing a show or concert at the Capitol Theatre is probably the one thing I'd have loved to have done.

Went to a few shows at The Cap, a couple of Motown ones stand out. The bill both times was something ridiculous like Stevie Wonder, The Four Tops, The Supremes all on the same bill, fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Of all the things that Cardiff had to offer before my time, seeing a show or concert at the Capitol Theatre is probably the one thing I'd have loved to have done.
    Me too. When I was a teenager, I'd say about 50% of bands I wanted to see bypassed Cardiff. I'd love to see a band at the top rank again. What's there now? What happened to the Odeon and the ABC too?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Me too. When I was a teenager, I'd say about 50% of bands I wanted to see bypassed Cardiff. I'd love to see a band at the top rank again. What's there now? What happened to the Odeon and the ABC too?
    The ABC was The Olympia in my day. All shops now, I’ve tried to work it out but I’d think that that downstairs in Matalan is the footprint of the Rank. The Nationwide is in the Odeon/Olympia area if my bearings are correct.