+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Another cringeworthy and inaccurate rugby post from one of our leaders

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Another cringeworthy and inaccurate rugby post from one of our leaders

Wales rugby started to lose it's appeal with the number of non-Welsh playing for Wales. It now seems if your Granny had a Corgi you could play which is frankly bonkers. Take the current Wales centres, one as English as they come and the other a Kiwi.

I guess I was lucky in growing up in Cardiff in the late 60's when there was so more passion in true Welsh sport and also the Bluebirds.

More of concern to me than the Egg is just how unappealing CCFC is right now and without a clear indication of positive change. How times have changed when we can't find ourselves a CF who bangs in goals!

Re: Another cringeworthy and inaccurate rugby post from one of our leaders

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    Wales rugby started to lose it's appeal with the number of non-Welsh playing for Wales. It now seems if your Granny had a Corgi you could play which is frankly bonkers. Take the current Wales centres, one as English as they come and the other a Kiwi.

I guess I was lucky in growing up in Cardiff in the late 60's when there was so more passion in true Welsh sport and also the Bluebirds.

More of concern to me than the Egg is just how unappealing CCFC is right now and without a clear indication of positive change. How times have changed when we can't find ourselves a CF who bangs in goals!
    It’s the same qualification in both Sports, with regards to birth, parents and Grandparents! But Rugby also has a qualification of 3 now 5 years residency which is ridiculous! If football was the same how many of our team would get Welsh caps! Smithies,Morrison,Bennett,Tomlin,Murphy?
    Hopefully Harris can find us a goal scorer, he wasn’t a bad centre forward in his day!