+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: City support from the Cardiff area's?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: City support from the Cardiff area's?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Poor support from Cardiff

We are lucky CCFC has a big catchment area or things would be even worse

Barry , Bridgend , Maesteg , Porthcawl , Caerphilly, Pontypridd , The Valleys

Porthcawl has loads of Cardiff City fans

A lot of Cardiffs feeder towns have a real affinity for the football club

Sadly I don't think that's mirrored by the population locally

Now of course we are not a very successful club but there just doesn't seem to be that pride in coming from Cardiff that Swansea people have for example

Maybe it's just my take on things but if a small town like Porthcawl can regularly arrange coaches for away matches then you have to ask why most of the suburbs of Cardiff don't have a pub or social club or supporters branches ?

There are websites for Porthcawl , Maesteg supporters , I don't know of a Grangetown , Canton or Roath branch ?

I have always found that a bit odd

But both Liverpool and Man United have coaches going to see them from Cardiff I believe
    Why would there be a Canton branch? You can walk to the ground, there's no need to have any organisation. There's also less need to advertise yourself as a Cardiff fan if you live in the city. It's the same with flags, people from a town outside Cardiff are likely to put that on a flag, whereas you're less likely to put your suburb of Cardiff on there

What do you mean don't have a pub? The Admiral Napier, Canton Cross, Canton Hotel, even the Landsdowne (last time I was there) all have a bunch of Cardiff City memerobilia in there and that's just a small corner of Canton.

Re: City support from the Cardiff area's?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Why would there be a Canton branch? You can walk to the ground, there's no need to have any organisation. There's also less need to advertise yourself as a Cardiff fan if you live in the city. It's the same with flags, people from a town outside Cardiff are likely to put that on a flag, whereas you're less likely to put your suburb of Cardiff on there

What do you mean don't have a pub? The Admiral Napier, Canton Cross, Canton Hotel, even the Landsdowne (last time I was there) all have a bunch of Cardiff City memerobilia in there and that's just a small corner of Canton.
    Grangetown Supporters club Fair play to sludge..