+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    So you believe that just by comparing populations we can conclude that locking down when the UK had only 8 deaths would have made no difference?
    And do you believe people would have obeyed with just 8 deaths? There are many factors at play, it's overly simplistic and naive to say "ooooh we should've locked down at point X".

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    And do you believe people would have obeyed with just 8 deaths? There are many factors at play, it's overly simplistic and naive to say "ooooh we should've locked down at point X".
    I'm sorry I don't understand all of this like you do. The question of timing interventions has been a constant discussion point so wondering whether whether we chose the optimal time to minimise deaths is a reasonable question I think. Just insisting we wouldn't have obeyed isn't really a conclusive answer.

I'm sorry I don't understand all of this like you do. The question of timing interventions has been a constant discussion point so wondering whether whether we chose the optimal time to minimise deaths is a reasonable question I think. Just insisting we wouldn't have obeyed isn't really a conclusive answer.
    I think a sizeable number wouldn't have, more than now. Some need things to hit close to home to grasp that at times.

Recommendations changed to "you must" was a reasonable way of approaching things because it showed the effects of people ignoring...

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    I think a sizeable number wouldn't have, more than now. Some need things to hit close to home to grasp that at times.

Recommendations changed to "you must" was a reasonable way of approaching things because it showed the effects of people ignoring...
    OK, if everybody or most obeyed do you think it would have made a difference if we were told to stay at home a couple of weeks earlier?

OK, if everybody or most obeyed do you think it would have made a difference if we were told to stay at home a couple of weeks earlier?
    I doubt it tbh. I think it would have pushed the problem further down the year, worst case scenario this occurring in Winter.