+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Dave Moans sacked by Hartlepool

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Dave Moans sacked by Hartlepool

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Good to see Eric still posting his anti DJ nonsense all these years later. You're an idiot pal.
    But he has the stats. Usually selected to back his argument.

He really has no idea. Jones inherits bad team at bad club. Jones forced to sell 3 players and loan out others. Jones wines and dined by Stelling after 3 wins in 4. Jones criticized on national TV by same man without prior conversation.

Jones could have kept them up, reading his interview for the Northern Echo, he wasn't lacking passion. If he waved his arms more, would Eric have liked him more?

You could airdrop Mourinho at the club, they'll still go down.

Eric should check their forum, the fans know where the issues are. And it's not with Jones, Moore or any of the others.

No suprise there then

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    But he has the stats. Usually selected to back his argument.

He really has no idea. Jones inherits bad team at bad club. Jones forced to sell 3 players and loan out others. Jones wines and dined by Stelling after 3 wins in 4. Jones criticized on national TV by same man without prior conversation.

Jones could have kept them up, reading his interview for the Northern Echo, he wasn't lacking passion. If he waved his arms more, would Eric have liked him more?

You could airdrop Mourinho at the club, they'll still go down.

Eric should check their forum, the fans know where the issues are. And it's not with Jones, Moore or any of the others.
    And once again your bias towards Jones clouds your thoughts in debating this with me. Same old story from years ago. Pity you won't confirm your previous identity.

Please confirm the following:

I am not entirely blaming Jones for the position Hartlepool are in.

I have stated that Hartlepool have been struggling in League 2 for a few seasons now.

I have stated that Jones has had the thankless task of being in charge of a sinking ship.

I have said that I don't think sacking him will make any difference to Hartlepool staying up.

What I have suggested is:

Results have got marginally worse under Jones overall. Sorry if you're being sensitive to this, but that is fact. We both agree that there are many things causing this.

However, my point remains that the club probably think that things can't get any worse, that relegation is a foregone conclusion, so trying something else for the last 2 games isn't a gamble.

You can raise your blood pressure by suggesting that I'm continuing some anti-Jones tirade, but far from it. I was one of the few that thought it was time for Ranieri to go at Leicester, for similar reasons. If the club feel that changing manager doesn't represent a gamble, then the club should do it. Whether that's right or not is up to you - different people have different opinions.

I suspect you're still bitter from our debates from years ago, which I was eventually proved right on.