+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sheffield Utd

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Sheffield Utd

I saw some of their game yesterday and it seemed to me they are a much weaker side than the 3 relegated teams from last season currently in the Championship

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    I saw some of their game yesterday and it seemed to me they are a much weaker side than the 3 relegated teams from last season currently in the Championship
    The gap is getting bigger and bigger each year it seems. Of the promoted teams I expected Luton to go down with a record low point total, but they are the one team who have actually built around an identity and trying to do something a bit different like Brentford and Bournemouth have previously done, and they were massively unlucky not to get anything against United yesterday. Don't think they have the firepower to hold off clubs like Everton and Palace, but if they play like that they've got a real shot. Sheff Utd are just crap, even their big additions have been top end Championship players, it seems like they're quite happy to take the money and the parachute payments.

Burnley are the disappointing one to me, he's tried to play a top half style and signed lots of exciting young players, but it hasn't come together. At least if they go down they should be able to get some decent money for players like Koleosho and Amdouni, but they will have to spend it well to try to build a squad that can go up and stay up next time around.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    If the three teams were added to make 23, with three down, I think Leeds Southampton and Leicester would stay up easily.

They are much better than Luton, Burnley and Sheff U, although confidence and the lack of confidence is affecting all six teams massively.