+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FT: BRISTOL CITY 0 - 1 CARDIFF CITY.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: FT: BRISTOL CITY 0 - 1 CARDIFF CITY.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Your the stato but when you don’t have the players to score in open play you play set pieces.

It felt like that’s why we struggled last season, we couldn’t score in open play and couldn’t scote from set plays, an underlining problem.

We need better players. I honestly think a more attacking manager would take this team down.
    Yet when Bulut was a more attacking manager, even without Ramsey, we were playing better and winning more games.

Yes, we could argue that the single goal wins we've pinched away from home have kept us away from the relegation zone, but I believe that we could have challenged the top 6 had we kept the more attacking performances from the start of the season. It's been because of our more defensive attitude that we started to lose form, not otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Yet when Bulut was a more attacking manager, even without Ramsey, we were playing better and winning more games.

Yes, we could argue that the single goal wins we've pinched away from home have kept us away from the relegation zone, but I believe that we could have challenged the top 6 had we kept the more attacking performances from the start of the season. It's been because of our more defensive attitude that we started to lose form, not otherwise.
    Haven’t you been mocking the playoff nonsense all seasons? (Not that anyone expected it). Seems a UTurn from the playoff mocking.

I think the positive performances came more so on a crest of a wave of confidence from Ramsey and the early wins/performances. Didn’t Wintle start as a 10 in a lot of those? That would now be classed as defensive now?

Haven’t you been mocking the playoff nonsense all seasons? (Not that anyone expected it). Seems a UTurn from the playoff mocking.

I think the positive performances came more so on a crest of a wave of confidence from Ramsey and the early wins/performances. Didn’t Wintle start as a 10 in a lot of those? That would now be classed as defensive now?
    I was mocking the playoffs after we went on a bad run where we went defensive. They're out of reach, but I believe if we had been more positive, we might have been in the running. Ramsey was a factor early on but we had a good run after he was injured, playing front foot football. I don't know of any professional pundit who has said that Bulut's defensive tactics have been good for us, either. Perhaps you beg to differ and that's fine, but we'll agree to disagree on it. The last few months have been shit to watch, even the lucky away wins.

I was mocking the playoffs after we went on a bad run where we went defensive. They're out of reach, but I believe if we had been more positive, we might have been in the running. Ramsey was a factor early on but we had a good run after he was injured, playing front foot football. I don't know of any professional pundit who has said that Bulut's defensive tactics have been good for us, either. Perhaps you beg to differ and that's fine, but we'll agree to disagree on it. The last few months have been shit to watch, even the lucky away wins.
    I don’t get why you would mock fans for believing in the playoffs when we are in touching distance. Isn’t that the point of supporting, to hope?

Not sure on pundits, I don’t listen to them? But no doubt those wins you mentioned after Ramsey included Wintle as a 10 which would be classed as very defensive? Like i said confidence is huge in football.

I can correct you tho, the last few years have been shit to watch, just this year we ain’t fighting at the bottom and won some derbys, can always look at the positives if you choose ?

I don’t get why you would mock fans for believing in the playoffs when we are in touching distance. Isn’t that the point of supporting, to hope?

Not sure on pundits, I don’t listen to them? But no doubt those wins you mentioned after Ramsey included Wintle as a 10 which would be classed as very defensive? Like i said confidence is huge in football.

I can correct you tho, the last few years have been shit to watch, just this year we ain’t fighting at the bottom and won some derbys, can always look at the positives if you choose ?
    Do you not think we've been shit to watch most of this season? Really? If our season is based on 3 derby wins only, it's not much of a barometer, and that's from someone who throws away shirts when we lose to the Jacks.

I'm a bit of a pragmatist, realist, don't buy into any soppy unrealistic optimism. I used to get carried away in the days of Dave Jones but ended up disappointed. I evaluate, don't get carried away. For what it's worth, I predicted we'd win promotion under Warnock before we started the season. Gut feeling, but if that hadn't happened, I knew we would have moved forward that season. God, I wish we had half of the attacking talent and intent of that season!

If we beat Swansea I'll party, but that won't define the rest of the season. I don't feel we have progressed since the end of October. Our youngsters aren't involved. It's often attritional football hopeful of a result, rather than trying to make something happen. The only flaw is that I don't trust our board to improve anything whatsoever. I'd just like some positivity. There isn't any.

Do you not think we've been shit to watch most of this season? Really? If our season is based on 3 derby wins only, it's not much of a barometer, and that's from someone who throws away shirts when we lose to the Jacks.

I'm a bit of a pragmatist, realist, don't buy into any soppy unrealistic optimism. I used to get carried away in the days of Dave Jones but ended up disappointed. I evaluate, don't get carried away. For what it's worth, I predicted we'd win promotion under Warnock before we started the season. Gut feeling, but if that hadn't happened, I knew we would have moved forward that season. God, I wish we had half of the attacking talent and intent of that season!

If we beat Swansea I'll party, but that won't define the rest of the season. I don't feel we have progressed since the end of October. Our youngsters aren't involved. It's often attritional football hopeful of a result, rather than trying to make something happen. The only flaw is that I don't trust our board to improve anything whatsoever. I'd just like some positivity. There isn't any.
    I’m honestly lost by your post and have no idea of the relevance to mine. Why would derby result base our season and what has that got to do with anything debated other than the fact we played Bristol City today.

Then you throw up the board, another debate.

No positivity, we have won 2 and drawn 1 in 3? Enjoy it.

I’m honestly lost by your post and have no idea of the relevance to mine. Why would derby result base our season and what has that got to do with anything debated other than the fact we played Bristol City today.

Then you throw up the board, another debate.

No positivity, we have won 2 and drawn 1 in 3? Enjoy it.
    There are a few you'll talk to on here that wont take a backward step and just insist they are correct, on everything, at all times.