Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
Spot on.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/...rise-revenues/

Netflix costs me £9 a month. I can watch any of their content at any time without downloading it, recording it, searching TV listings for it. Plus, it's in HD and, in many cases, UHD. I don't have to wait a week for the next episode of my favourite shows. I don't have to phone Netflix every 12 months to haggle for a new deal. I can share (and do share) my Netflix account with family (they have no problem with this at present). I don't have to watch any advertisements. I don't have to watch trailers for the next show.

Sky was costing me 4-5 times as much. For re-runs of shows, 1 (ONE) new movie a day, and football. When there were just a handful of channels (1989), Sky were charging £8.99 a month. They have always been overpriced, but were the only show in town until recently.

If people could be bothered to work out how much 1 hour of their TV viewing costs - they'd maybe think again. I watch about 6-8 hours of TV on "Sky" a week. Most of that is, I now discover, free to air! Sky never tell you that when they're boasting about their 340 channels.