+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Less than 16000, pathetic crowd

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Less than 16000, pathetic crowd

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    1. That is a case of speaking the bleeding obvious. Sadly, fixing a price point for a business is a tad more complicated.

2. Assholes have by and large reduced families coming, reduced sponsorship. Them wanting "atmosphere" generally means 90 minutes of eyeballing away fans rather than bothering to watch the football.

3. Those going to away games but not home games are happy to give opposition clubs money but not the club they claim to support.
    Sorry but your second point just doesn't apply these days.
    There is virtually no trouble at CCS compared to the old days at Ninian Park.

City have won family club of the year twice.

There is a whole Family Stand where kids can go at cheap prices with their parents.

In general football seems to have no problem attracting sponsorship at all. Though
    it is Premier League top heavy and is over reliant on betting firms , Sky and BT.

My experience is that the assholes only appear at popular away games these days.

So basically assholes are not the reason for low attendances.

16,000 is by no means a great crown but I don't see it as pathetic. How many turned up to watch Burton last night?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    16,000 is by no means a great crown but I don't see it as pathetic. How many turned up to watch Burton last night?
    Not a fair comparison. We had more than QPR , Hull , Reading though.

Disappointing crowd.

It's pathetic

Burton doesn't have a population of 350000 and a large catchment area and are not in the running for promotion

I can only assume this post is a joke

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It's pathetic

Burton doesn't have a population of 350000 and a large catchment area and are not in the running for promotion

I can only assume this post is a joke
    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/cham...wettbewerb/GB2

We are halfway down the list of attendances for Championship clubs this season.

Certainly not great but by no means pathetic.

In my opinion.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/cham...wettbewerb/GB2

We are halfway down the list of attendances for Championship clubs this season.

Certainly not great but by no means pathetic.

In my opinion.
    Sludge has a very valid point. Large population in Cardiff, large catchment area. That needs to be factored in.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    Sorry but your second point just doesn't apply these days.
    There is virtually no trouble at CCS compared to the old days at Ninian Park.

City have won family club of the year twice.

There is a whole Family Stand where kids can go at cheap prices with their parents.

In general football seems to have no problem attracting sponsorship at all. Though
    it is Premier League top heavy and is over reliant on betting firms , Sky and BT.

My experience is that the assholes only appear at popular away games these days.

So basically assholes are not the reason for low attendances.
    I'm well aware of all that.

Point being, we still have the reputation and like it or not, it'll take a long time for it to go.

Look at recent Cardiff Council meeting - question about traffic / trains for the Joshua fight, questioner mentioned Cardiff - Millwall. Councillors groaned, guy said along the lines of "yes, the other fight in Cardiff".

We've reduced trouble within the ground amazingly well. Some want to swap areas of the ground around for "atmosphere". Nothing to do with the increased chances of trouble...

I'm well aware of all that.

Point being, we still have the reputation and like it or not, it'll take a long time for it to go.

Look at recent Cardiff Council meeting - question about traffic / trains for the Joshua fight, questioner mentioned Cardiff - Millwall. Councillors groaned, guy said along the lines of "yes, the other fight in Cardiff".

We've reduced trouble within the ground amazingly well. Some want to swap areas of the ground around for "atmosphere". Nothing to do with the increased chances of trouble...
    Well the council guy is probably an egg fan.

I really think your views are about 10 years out of date. Our assholes are away days only now.

Well the council guy is probably and egg fan.

I really think your views are about 10 years out of date. Our assholes are away days only now.
    "My views"?

My view is we still have a reputation. You think most people are aware of how well we've improved things? Of course not. I'm well aware assholes generally attend away only in the hope of trouble.

"My views"?

My view is we still have a reputation. You think most people are aware of how well we've improved things? Of course not. I'm well aware assholes generally attend away only in the hope of trouble.
    Then we shall agree to disagree.

I could almost imagine you want to perpetuate the myth of our old Soul Crew days for
    some odd reason best known to yourself.Odd. Assholes have nothing to do with poor attendance.

They don't exist at CCS anymore so try barking up another tree.

Then we shall agree to disagree.

I could almost imagine you want to perpetuate the myth of our old Soul Crew days for
    some odd reason best known to yourself.Odd. Assholes have nothing to do with poor attendance.

They don't exist at CCS anymore so try barking up another tree.
    You really are struggling to read, aren't you? My point is about the common view... there are plenty of other reasons as to why 10k didn't attend from the Leeds game. More Leeds fans were present, the rest simply didn't want to pay to get in...

You really are struggling to read, aren't you? My point is about the common view... there are plenty of other reasons as to why 10k didn't attend from the Leeds game. More Leeds fans were present, the rest simply didn't want to pay to get in...
    Whose common view dopey ferker. Just look at how few arrests have been made at CCS year on year. So your " assholes " are fake news you silly twat. If you didn't know that you are a know nothing numpty.

Remedial moaner.

"My views"?

There probably are a small amount of people who dont bring kids due to our reputation. But these would be people who have never attended.
    Doesnt account for the disappearance of people in what was I believe a sold out Family Stand.
    Looks like several thousand have disappeared from there. I suppose some have moved on to other areas?