+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: BBC Remain

First Team

Re: BBC Remain

Fair play, there are some very misinformed and deluded Brexiters in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    So where are all the factories and infrastructure going to pop up from on November 1st?

Why did manufacturing etc leave our shores? I'm not so sure it was part of an EU master plan, more that other countries (and not EU countries) made stuff cheaper and consumers like cheaper things.
    It's often reported the EU didn't ban Chinese steel, which is correct. However, 26 of the 27 countries voted to ban it, only 1 vetoed and that was that. It was us.

First Team

You think people losing their jobs is a "small price to pay"?

That's an awful opinion. I bet you wouldn't hold it if it was your job. Have some humanity.

Why don't the Brexiters offer to compensate the losers from leaving the EU if they're so convinced it's worth it? Anyone who voted for it should have to contribute towards a compensation fund for the rest of the subjects.

So where are all the factories and infrastructure going to pop up from on November 1st?

Why did manufacturing etc leave our shores? I'm not so sure it was part of an EU master plan, more that other countries (and not EU countries) made stuff cheaper and consumers like cheaper things.
    The number of people employed in manufacturing in the U.K. is at its highest level since September 2008.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/file?uri=/emp...a01jun2019.xls

Click on tab 6 and the numbers employed in each sector are tabulated.

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    The number of people employed in manufacturing in the U.K. is at its highest level since September 2008.

Doesn’t that spreadsheet back up his point about manufacturing massively decreasing over the last 30+ years?

The increase since 2008 isn’t the significant either is it considering the numbers?

In 1978, we made stuff. Nearly 7m out of a 42m working population were in manufacturing.

In 2019, 2.7m out of a 53m working population were in manufacturing.

We make a lot less than we used to.

It's now about 7% of jobs. In 2008 it was 10% of jobs. How much bigger will it have to become, and how quickly, for us to start fending for ourselves and buying British?

It's nearly the 2020s. We have to start thinking of the world in the 2020s and not how it was in the past. The days of countries manufacturing all their own stuff are gone. If we try it we'll get destroyed by the countries who have hundreds of millions of low paid workers. It really doesn't matter if we like the way the world is, or if we close our eyes and Back Britain with all our might. I daresay the majority of workers in the 18th century didn't like the Industrial Revolution and wanted to go back to living on their farm with their family and not in a dirty smelly tiny house while working 14 hours in a dirty smelly massive factory, but the world changed and you either change too or get left behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Why would you want to go to Barcelona when you can go to sunny Skegness?

We also have to actually make stuff for any of this to work. We don't.
    I'd rather go to Chelsea, now that they've got a proper manager

Well of course they're not going to pop up on November first in time for bonfire night or anything. Whenever we do anything worthwhile in life there's going to be a bit of disruption from the norm and initial inconvenience, but the snags of a transition back into a manufacturing economy are worth it.

As far as your question about the decline of manufacturing is concerned, well that's a very big subject and largely to do with globalism. Now, globalism is intricately connected to the EU, and the EU is the most advanced globalist excersise so far, but for the purpose of the current duscussion I think we must separate it from the issue of Brexit or we'll get very mixed up !
    Suffice it to say here that Globalism is the real enemy and that the EU is not only an important bastion of globalism, but the specific one which is stifling our own economy and nation - therefore it is the one which we must overcome first.

I think the problem is that younger people have no adult memory of British sovereignty and so they are naturally wary of the unfamiliar and unknown. The truth is, though, that they'd soon see the advantages of Brexit in the real world and be freed of a lot of restrictions to their lives which they don't yearn for because they've never had them.

You can trust me on this because this is my third posting on this forum and so by now you've had plenty of time to get to know me !

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    I think the problem is that younger people have no adult memory of British sovereignty and so they are naturally wary of the unfamiliar and unknown. The truth is, though, that they'd soon see the advantages of Brexit in the real world and be freed of a lot of restrictions to their lives which they don't yearn for because they've never had them.
    What are laws have we had that were foisted upon us?

freed of a lot of restrictions to their lives which they don't yearn for because they've never had them.
    What restrictions are placed on them now?

Ronniebird is a brand new account that has made all 4 of his posts today and 2 of them use the word globalist. My advice would be don’t waste your time trying to get a coherent argument out of him.

It’s probably gluey anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    Ronniebird is a brand new account that has made all 4 of his posts today and 2 of them use the word globalist. My advice would be don’t waste your time trying to get a coherent argument out of him.

Bit uncalled for really.
    I used the word globalist in two posting which pertained to globalism. I don't think I mentioned it when I posted about Lee Tomlin, and the gluey reference I presume is an accusation of multi I.d's , but that's not the case.

As you say, I only just joined and in fact made a bit of a joke about that at the end of my previous posting, but I'm dissapointed that I got a personal attack so quickly - I don't think I said anything terrible did I ?

By the way, I assume that you've been appointed as the word police representative here and didn't like the word "globalist" . Are there any other words or parts of the English language which are banned ?

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post

Up yours! RonnieBird speaks sense. China don't have our best interests at heart, their long-term goal is world domination. They were bribing leading politicians who are also on the globalist bandwagon. The USA realised this, and they are seeking to readdress the trade imbalances that would have seen communist China become the dominant superpower.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Bit uncalled for really.
    I used the word globalist in two posting which pertained to globalism. I don't think I mentioned it when I posted about Lee Tomlin, and the gluey reference I presume is an accusation of multi I.d's , but that's not the case.

As you say, I only just joined and in fact made a bit of a joke about that at the end of my previous posting, but I'm dissapointed that I got a personal attack so quickly - I don't think I said anything terrible did I ?

By the way, I assume that you've been appointed as the word police representative here and didn't like the word "globalist" . Are there any other words or parts of the English language which are banned ?
    What did you expect from a bunch of Guardian readers?

What are laws have we had that were foisted upon us?
    The lack of response says more than words ever could.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Up yours! RonnieBird speaks sense. China don't have our best interests at heart, their long-term goal is world domination. They were bribing leading politicians who are also on the globalist bandwagon. The USA realised this, and they are seeking to readdress the trade imbalances that would have seen communist China become the dominant superpower.
    ****ing hell

The lack of response says more than words ever could.
    It's the same old tired argument, try thinking for yourself and look at the bigger picture, you may find it liberating.

It's the same old tired argument, try thinking for yourself you may find it liberating.
    We have apparently lost our sovereignty and can't come up with our laws. That's been said. What are they?

We have apparently lost our sovereignty and can't come up with our laws. That's been said. What are they?
    They've got you inside an invisible box, and you don't even realise it

They've got you inside an invisible box, and you don't even realise it
    You can't even tell me what they're doing to us? If you can come up with reasoned, well thought out points with facts, then you might change my mind. The EU has many, many faults. I personally think the benefits far outweigh these. I want to travel into Europe without restrictions, I want to work there without restrictions and I want our businesses and financial to trade without restrictions.

You had said, you're in an invisible box and you don't even realise. So, I don't know what to believe.

You can't even tell me what they're doing to us? If you can come up with reasoned, well thought out points with facts, then you might change my mind. The EU has many, many faults. I personally think the benefits far outweigh these. I want to travel into Europe without restrictions, I want to work there without restrictions and I want our businesses and financial to trade without restrictions.

You had said, you're in an invisible box and you don't even realise. So, I don't know what to believe.
    There are certainly many benefits, but then there is also the underlying ideology. I may be cynical, but I can't help thinking that the benefits are being used to sell the ideology. This will only become apparent when we reach the point of no return. If they had stopped at the customs union, I don't think the idea of Brexit would have even materialised. If you doubt my words, then I suggest you take a look at history.

There are certainly many benefits, but then there is also the underlying ideology. I may be cynical, but I can't help thinking that the benefits are being used to sell the ideology. This will only become apparent when we reach the point of no return. If they had stopped at the customs union, I don't think the idea of Brexit would have even materialised. If you doubt my words, then I suggest you take a look at history.
    By history, do you mean the longest ever period of peace in Europe? We have our own borders apart from EU citizens (which is a benefit), we make our own laws by and large and we're in a customs union.

By history, do you mean the longest ever period of peace in Europe? We have our own borders apart from EU citizens (which is a benefit), we make our own laws by and large and we're in a customs union.
    It's another sociopolitical construct, and there are many case studies from the past going back thousands of years.

Seriously don't bother, it's not worth your time.