+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gay footballer

Re: Gay footballer

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    It was a response to someone saying "Not sure homophobia is that much of a thing to be honest" rather than pointing the finger at straight, white, males only. The point, in this case, being that if you live as what is presented as the norm then you generally don't see the experiences of people who don't share those characteristics and therefore can easily underestimate/deny any problems they experience or how difficult their lives can be because of them.
    Yet the poster pointing the finger is a straight, white, male who seems to think he understands better than anyone what it’s like to be black, female, gay, or any other minority he is the self appointed forum knight in shining armour for.

Anyyway, who is to say Eastbourne Blue is a straight, white male?

Perhaps his comment was coming from living in the area of the country he lives in it is far more acceptable to live as a gay person than it is in other parts of the country?

But hey, Croesy Blue is judge and jury on all minority discrimination
    on this forum so let’s hang EB for the crime of being straight, white, male and privileged!

It wasn’t a criticism of him though? It’s something that all of us do me included.

Why are you so angry about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    Yet the poster pointing the finger is a straight, white, male who seems to think he understands better than anyone what it’s like to be black, female, gay, or any other minority he is the self appointed forum knight in shining armour for.

Perhaps his comment was coming from living in the area of the country he lives in it is far more acceptable to live as a gay person than it is in other parts of the country?

on this forum so let’s hang EB for the crime of being straight, white, male and privileged!
    Are you always this much of a twat? Or is it only when you don’t understand something and make a tit of yourself?

You’re having a go at him for making a decent point and calling him a ****ing idiot now crying because he insulted someone when he didn’t?

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    Are you always this much of a twat? Or is it only when you don’t understand something and make a tit of yourself?

You’re having a go at him for making a decent point and calling him a ****ing idiot now crying because he insulted someone when he didn’t?
    Are you his boyfriend?

Are you his boyfriend?
    What’s would be wrong with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It wasn’t a criticism of him though? It’s something that all of us do me included.

Why are you so angry about it?
    Oh please. Spare us the modesty.

You spend all day, every day, on this forum belittling others with your liberal superiority and self importance.

There’s not a thread or post that can be perceived as discrimination against minority that you don’t pounce on like some anti-fascist super hero and twist it with your faux outrage.

Not a criticism indeed.

What’s would be wrong with that?
    Who said anything was wrong with it?

Who said anything was wrong with it?
    You were using it as an insult, maybe don’t in future if you don’t want people to think white men are homophobic 😘

You spend all day, every day, on this forum belittling others with your liberal superiority and self importance.

There’s not a thread or post that can be perceived as discrimination against minority that you don’t pounce on like some anti-fascist super hero and twist it with your faux outrage.

Not a criticism indeed.
    What’s wrong with you ffs? You sound like a lunatic

Am I not allowed to give an opinion just because it’s different to yours?

What’s wrong with you ffs? You sound like a lunatic

Am I not allowed to give an opinion just because it’s different to yours?
    The irony klaxon just smashed into a billion pieces

The irony klaxon just smashed into a billion pieces
    Just because I disagree with someone doesn’t mean I think they shouldn’t give their opinions.

If you get so angry about debating things on here maybe have a little break.

Not a criticism indeed.
    Are you always this insecure and angry or have you just had a bad day?

Just because I disagree with someone doesn’t mean I think they shouldn’t give their opinions.

If you get so angry about debating things on here maybe have a little break.
    Who’s angry?

Are you always this insecure and angry or have you just had a bad day?
    Time of the month

As far as I understand, it's about whether you share the characteristics and therefore the privilege of what is presented as "the norm" rather than the visible colour of the skin. As long as EB doesn't identify as LGBT+ then the point could still apply, although your point about making assumptions about EB is fair comment.

Anyway, I don't think it was an accusation of homophobia just an attempt to say it's still going on even if we don't see it. That was what I was trying to say.

Time of the month
    Making a bit of a tit of yourself here HH

Henry Hill also posts as JR Hartley.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Henry Hill also posts as JR Hartley.
    Really? That's a bit of a shame I thought Hartley had chilled out and was quite sound.

Really? That's a bit of a shame I thought Hartley had chilled out and was quite sound.
    Yeah he has chilled lately. I guess this is his let-off-steam account.

Yeah he has chilled lately. I guess this is his let-off-steam account.
    I think he uses it to have a go at me, a bit weird because I quite like JR

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Making a bit of a tit of yourself here HH
    Just as you did in the Oriental thread. It happens to us mere mortals from time to time 😁

I think he uses it to have a go at me, a bit weird because I quite like JR
    I don't think the feelings mutual

Old JR doesn't like me either, he has me on ignore

I don't think the feelings mutual

Old JR doesn't like me either, he has me on ignore
    Man who calls others snowflakes setting up accounts to swear at people who don't share his opinion and blocking others seems a bit on the nose

Not a criticism indeed.
    That's him down to a tee

Man who calls others snowflakes setting up accounts to swear at people who don't share his opinion and blocking others seems a bit on the nose
    It's the oldest trick in the internet book. Setting up more accounts to make it look like others agree with you. Glueys been doing it for years.

You've got to really take forums seriously to do that