+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glenn Murray

Re: Glenn Murray

He would be an excellent signing and someone KZ could learn an awful lot from.

And it's a definite no from me - never does a thing against us and would up the average age even further.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He was a really good player still.
    He was a class act, it wasn't only the goals he was fantastic in every respect and very underrated!!!

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Its a yes from me. Excellent at hold up play would fit our system and for one year is a no brainer if we could convince him to come here - a class up on what Madine is supposed to do. (Unfortunately the Ricky Lambert comparison will be inevitable but as of last season Murray wasn't washed up and permanently injured)

Strikers cost stupid money - look what Grabban and Assombalonga cost and they won't bring what Murray can. Look what the jacks want for McBurnie and he is bang average - £20m!! and Maupay of Brentford - stupid money

If this happens - I get it.
    Would obviously rather the new younger version of him, but if we couldn't find one, he is a miles better goal scorer than what we already have, so it's a definite maybe from me!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebina View Post
    He was a class act, it wasn't only the goals he was fantastic in every respect and very underrated!!!
    I cannot believe the negativity on here, he is streets ahead of anything we've got here

Eric Cantona was also excellent. Shall we see if he wants more money than his Kronie ads pay?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    I cannot believe the negativity on here, he is streets ahead of anything we've got here
    A move that would suggest that this season is about Warnock getting one final promotion rather than Warnock building a long-term plan as a legacy at his final club.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    A move that would suggest that this season is about Warnock getting one final promotion rather than Warnock building a long-term plan as a legacy at his final club.
    Nothing wrong with that, another exciting promotion season then worry about trying to survive in the premier league with a new manager- what’s not to like 😄

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Nothing wrong with that, another exciting promotion season then worry about trying to survive in the premier league with a new manager- what’s not to like ��
    Good post

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebina View Post
    Would obviously rather the new younger version of him, but if we couldn't find one, he is a miles better goal scorer than what we already have, so it's a definite maybe from me!
    Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Have we been linked ? His agent is Unique Sports Management for whom a certain member of the Warnock family works !
    In which case the 35 year old Murray would no doubt be given a 4 year deal and a wage rise...

Quote Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
    In which case the 35 year old Murray would no doubt be given a 4 year deal and a wage rise...
    With an optional extra three years if he scored 5 goals

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Of course it is.
    What chance a new manager coming in and not changing things.
    If we get promoted change will be necessary. If we don’t it will be.

I’m not sure that this rumour even has legs (no pun intended).
    Surely the wages would render him too expensive when it’s been implied that the club aren’t looking to break the bank.
    Personally, I think it would be madness to let Warnock empty the piggy bank for one last shot at promotion, then leave us with a striker who’d need replacing.
    Besides which, it’s dangerous to assume that we’re going to get promotion, when last time around we were pegged for relegation, then “surprisingly” went up.

If we'd had him last season we'd still be in the Premier League for 2019/20.

I can see him as a squad player, and if he were a free agent that'd be different but Hooded Claw is quite right that he's not worth a big fee or high wages because he's by no means guaranteed to score a lot of goals .

The rumour of interest has been rubbished by the club and the player.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    The rumour of interest has been rubbished by the club and the player.
    It was far too good to be true and there is no way he would uproot his family or commute at this stage of his career and why would Brighton part with a guy who has the third highest chance conversion rate in the premier league when they struggle for goals anyway.

What was more surprising was the we don't need him contributions in this thread - the fella is class even though he is coming to the end of his career. I know who I'd rather be in front of goal if a chance fell to Madine/Zohore or Murray. He is not washed up like Lambert was.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    And it's a definite no from me - never does a thing against us and would up the average age even further.
    But aren't our current front players and new signings relatively of a younger age , perhaps they need a leader who has been their done it and recognized as so , last year we had a similar debate about Troy Deenney , IE too old , past his best , too expensive for his age , i'm wondering if Murray or Deeney had signed we would still be in the big boy league .

I fail to see why it matters to us (by that I mean your typical fan), if he doesn't cut it? Isn't it as simple as we don't play him

Yes we'd all love to have an Aguero or a Firminho, even the next Dan James to sign but realistically it ain't gonna happen.

The guy knows where the onion bag is whereas many of our forwards have struggled to find it.
    If by some strange reason he were to "dry up" then look elsewhere.

Perhaps not starting every week as it will be a long hard season but wisely used and coming off the bench he could do a job IMHO.
    We can start building for the future simultaneously.