+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Golf clubs reopening in Wales

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Golf clubs reopening in Wales

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    Not the real deal then, the flag pole might cost a golfer a couple of shots and the same if golfers end up in an unraked bunker.
    This will sort the flag issue out

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

That'll put a lot of minds at ease on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

ooh that's a satisfying bit of engineering isn't it, I like that

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    ooh that's a satisfying bit of engineering isn't it, I like that
    Good, innit. When i was a youngster (Before TV Remote control) You had to switch the TV over by walking up to the TV-Four Buttons, Five if you were loaded. My old man Taped together 2 lengths of Bamboo Cane and a thimble on the end so that we could switch the TV over from the comfort of our Sofa. The issues were very similar to today, it still ended up down the back of the sofa.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Good, innit. When i was a youngster (Before TV Remote control) You had to switch the TV over by walking up to the TV-Four Buttons, Five if you were loaded. My old man Taped together 2 lengths of Bamboo Cane and a thimble on the end so that we could switch the TV over from the comfort of our Sofa. The issues were very similar to today, it still ended up down the back of the sofa.
    My Dad was the opposite. we bought him a remote control TV. he always worked early mornings so he was home at 3 Pm and like to watch the Racing on TV. I was home one day and he was sitting there and wanted to change the channel. The remote was on top of the TV. He got up, went to the tele, picked it up, sat down again and changed the channel. Then he got up again and put the remote back on top of the TV. Crazy!!!! Apparently it was so the remote wouldn't go down the side of the chair and he might miss a race looking for it. lol

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    My Dad was the opposite. we bought him a remote control TV. he always worked early mornings so he was home at 3 Pm and like to watch the Racing on TV. I was home one day and he was sitting there and wanted to change the channel. The remote was on top of the TV. He got up, went to the tele, picked it up, sat down again and changed the channel. Then he got up again and put the remote back on top of the TV. Crazy!!!! Apparently it was so the remote wouldn't go down the side of the chair and he might miss a race looking for it. lol
    Fair play, that's proper Dad Logic

my grandparents used to have a " remote control caddy " , great idea, worked well, except this caddy was kept by the side of the TV and the remote used to have to return to it when you had changed over the channel, so like your dad, you would have to get up and down as you would to turn over anyway, as a youngster it used to annoy the life out of me
    One sunday after our family sunday roast i moved the caddy to the side table between the sofa and chair, pointed out people didnt need to get up now, i was told the side table was for the radio times and cups of tea, so i was told to return it to the side of the TV, bloody mental

International

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    my grandparents used to have a " remote control caddy " , great idea, worked well, except this caddy was kept by the side of the TV and the remote used to have to return to it when you had changed over the channel, so like your dad, you would have to get up and down as you would to turn over anyway, as a youngster it used to annoy the life out of me
    One sunday after our family sunday roast i moved the caddy to the side table between the sofa and chair, pointed out people didnt need to get up now, i was told the side table was for the radio times and cups of tea, so i was told to return it to the side of the TV, bloody mental
    got it in 1!!! When my Dad was watching boxing we used to have to move the furniture behind his chair because he moved backwards as he watched each round and got "involved". Then in the break he'd pull it forward again, completely oblivious to what was happening. lol (It was a Parker Knoll armchair with castors. Id it hadn't been he'd probably have ripped the carpet up lol

got it in 1!!! When my Dad was watching boxing we used to have to move the furniture behind his chair because he moved backwards as he watched each round and got "involved". Then in the break he'd pull it forward again, completely oblivious to what was happening. lol (It was a Parker Knoll armchair with castors. Id it hadn't been he'd probably have ripped the carpet up lol
    quality My mum and dad used to both smoke (mother doesn't now) and we had a small council house where we'd all be in the living room watching TV while they both puffed away, early 80s, you couldn't even see the TV for the smoke. The old man would open the window every hour or so to let it all bellow out.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    We had a remote control TV that would change channels if you shook a handful of coins or a dog chain close to it.