+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What it is about crucial home games for Wales?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: What it is about crucial home games for Wales?

I don’t think tonight hurts anywhere near as bad as Romania. That side deserved to play on the world stage.

I was only 9 in 85 but remember it being my first football disappointment. First of many supporting Wales and then later Cardiff.

I think hand on heart overall we weren’t good enough this campaign. We need an in form, 100 percent fit Bale to give ourselves a real chance but he’s been injured or carrying an injury all campaign.

In answer to the original question maybe we are better underdogs and collapse under the weight of expectation.

Re: What it is about crucial home games for Wales?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I don’t think tonight hurts anywhere near as bad as Romania. That side deserved to play on the world stage.

I was only 9 in 85 but remember it being my first football disappointment. First of many supporting Wales and then later Cardiff.

I think hand on heart overall we weren’t good enough this campaign. We need an in form, 100 percent fit Bale to give ourselves a real chance but he’s been injured or carrying an injury all campaign.

In answer to the original question maybe we are better underdogs and collapse under the weight of expectation.
    I find it strange agreeing with you entirely, but I do. Romania was gut wrenching, mainly because of the missed penalty that, had it gone in, would have seen us score a hatful. Then we had a great attack and crap defence. Now we haven't had a forward line up as good since.

Weight of expectation is very true. Israel 2 years ago was different as we had games in the bag had that gone wrong.