+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Leeds Season Ticket Refunds

Leeds Season Ticket Refunds

Fans who bought a season ticket for the Championship club before the end of May 2016 will get 25% of their money back.

The club had pledged to give refunds of 50% if they sold 15,000 tickets, but they did not reach that number.

Thought they had at least 20k season ticket holders, surprised by the low number sold.

Re: Leeds Season Ticket Refunds

Im quite surprised by the numbers there. Mind you I only really get my Leeds info from 1 source

The 30,000 fans who attend every away game have obviously run out of money.

I wonder how many the two Sheffield Clubs have sold. Would have thought Wednesday would sell more than 15,000

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I wonder how many the two Sheffield Clubs have sold. Would have thought Wednesday would sell more than 15,000
    Leeds sold about 14,500 last season & Sheffield Wednesday sold just under 21,000. Sheffield Wednesday's figure for this current season appears have increased a fair bit due to a number of clever marketing initiatives e.g. a 3 year advance saver scheme, which links into their 150th anniversary which is next season. Also I would have thought that their prohibitive match day prices would encourage people to invest in season tickets. Regardless of all of that, 21,000 is an impressive number.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    Leeds sold about 14,500 last season & Sheffield Wednesday sold just under 21,000. Sheffield Wednesday's figure for this current season appears have increased a fair bit due to a number of clever marketing initiatives e.g. a 3 year advance saver scheme, which links into their 150th anniversary which is next season. Also I would have thought that their prohibitive match day prices would encourage people to invest in season tickets. Regardless of all of that, 21,000 is an impressive number.
    Bigger club than Leeds. NQAT.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Bigger club than Leeds. NQAT.

Sorry but that's impossible as Leeds are the biggest club in the world bar none

hang on. arent they the biggest and most great club in the whole universe??

Leeds could stake a claim as the club with the biggest egos in the world , never mind ,another season for them with the minions

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Fans who bought a season ticket for the Championship club before the end of May 2016 will get 25% of their money back.

The club had pledged to give refunds of 50% if they sold 15,000 tickets, but they did not reach that number.

Thought they had at least 20k season ticket holders, surprised by the low number sold.
    Why will they get 25% of their money back? Is it because they didn't reach the play offs or get promoted?

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    Why will they get 25% of their money back? Is it because they didn't reach the play offs or get promoted?
    The agreement was if they reached the play offs & it is estimated that it will cost Leeds around £1m.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    The agreement was if they reached the play offs & it is estimated that it will cost Leeds around £1m.

I bought a new television to watch the Championship play offs but it came without Leeds!!!!