+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Giggs

Re: Giggs

Ffs some of you take everything as a personal dig. What's with the chip on your shoulder?

Oirish, pegs, etc etc. Ffs you even think its funny.

The thread started with a question. A % of you react with "OMG he's taking the piss, he's offended me." :)

Cop yaself on.

I have to admit I'm not a Giggs fan, and this has done nothing to change that view - actually make me think less of him.

So, yes I'm a bit annoyed / embarrassed - however I don't need an Irishman to point this out to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue View Post
    I live in england too and I got nothing but condesending comments and jealousy from england fans during our great run in the Euros. None of them were happy we got further than them.
    I had the opposite, 95 % of people who spoke to me about the Euro's were supportive, the other 5% were just on the wind-up

I had people i had never spoken too at the school gates come upto me and shake my hand and say " well done last night " ( i would wear my welsh top down to school )

I would even go as far to say that most of them i spoke to had started to support Wales ( and England ) even at the group stages, all commented on how well the Welsh sang and behaved

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post

I have 2 daughters born in England and neither of them identify themselves as anything other than Welsh.
    My 2 are the same, see themselves as nothing but Welsh

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    But then you also have the young lads who have just broken into the Welsh team who have a Welsh grandmother or or Welsh parent despite being born and lived in England their whole life so far.

Giggs has lived there since he was 6, in foreign countries he would have citizenship.

Ultimately I guess everyone feels differently
    My daughters have lived there all their lives. I just don't see the argument. I lived most of my life in England on and off - (a total of 34 years), in the shadow of Wembley for 20 years, but I've never ever had the remotest inkling identify either partially or fully as English.

As for the Welsh players you mention above, have you forgotten the video of them from the Euros when Iceland won their game to progress to the Quarter finals?

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    Mature debate? I'm telling you not debating with you.

English fans are taking the piss on twitter. Are they full of hate too?
    Some of them may very well be. However, tarring all supporters of a team with the same brush as hysterical haters on the internet and/or on the terraces is rather disingenuous, whoever does it. There are idiots everywhere, especially on the Internet - and people get worked up about the most trivial matters whilst not accepting that other people may have a different and rational opinion. When personal insults are unfounded allegations are introduced it often says more about the poster hurling them than the person they are directed towards. The hurler rarely 'gets' that, of course.

When you talk about the City, you use the word “we” even though your Scottish, and supported Glasgow Rangers. What’s the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    People seem to get worked up about the most trivial things theses days.
    No we ******* don't!

Didn't Giggs represented England at schoolboy level? If so, he would be entitled to say "we".

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    No we ******* don't!

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    My daughters have lived there all their lives. I just don't see the argument. I lived most of my life in England on and off - (a total of 34 years), in the shadow of Wembley for 20 years, but I've never ever had the remotest inkling identify either partially or fully as English.

As for the Welsh players you mention above, have you forgotten the video of them from the Euros when Iceland won their game to progress to the Quarter finals?
    That's my point though, they probably feel Welsh despite everything bar granny saying they are English. They more than likely identify as both.

Some might not understand how your daughters born and raised in England wouldn't feel at all English.

It's not black and white and all I'm saying is I could understand if giggs did have some sort of feeling of being English. He may well not.

I'm not sure if this is true, did Giggs refer to England tonight as we?

If so, how embarrassing for you. Cardiff born, a huge number of caps and national team manager.
    It's not embarrassing as most don't give a crap if he say 'we', 'them' or 'us'.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    It's not embarrassing as most don't give a crap if he say 'we', 'them' or 'us'.
    Billox, as you know well.

Social media is full of Welsh and England fans angry or taking the piss.

The national media there have picked up on it also.

Since when have you been spoken for most?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Didn't Giggs represented England at schoolboy level? If so, he would be entitled to say "we".
    ..and when the chips were down and he was the best British player of his generation and had to make a choice (because he had one)as to which country he’d represent at international level why did he do?

Slip of the tongue... nothing more. He probably wants England to do well as do I. I’d feel the same about Scotland and Ireland too (but not the ROI as they’re not British)

We could have been a slip of the tongue.
    The Principality Stadium asking people to tweet their best England 11 that's another story

Leave the haters excuse at the door.

He's embarrassed himself. Nothing worse than blind loyalty.
    Agree with Louth here,best part of any tournament is watching ingerland being knocked out,,Media are ramming it down our neck now, blame ingerlish media

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    ..and when the chips were down and he was the best British player of his generation and had to make a choice (because he had one)as to which country he’d represent at international level why did he do?

Slip of the tongue... nothing more. He probably wants England to do well as do I. I’d feel the same about Scotland and Ireland too (but not the ROI as they’re not British)
    He's still got the England schoolboys cap in his trophy cabinet though.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I've seen the clip in context and its kind of obvious that he means it in the way I referenced earlier, so no I don't really care about a slip of the tounge

If he'd ride into the ITV studio on horseback, with the horse white painted with St George's flag, dressed like a crusader before singing Rule Britannia, Jerusalem and GSTQ and whipping his cock out and pissing on the Welsh flag I'd be annoyed, but this is a minor slip of the tounge

I'm far more annoyed at the Welsh office removing the Welsh flag for the English one
    Welsh office are flying ingerlish flag??

Billox, as you know well.

Social media is full of Welsh and England fans angry or taking the piss.

The national media there have picked up on it also.

Since when have you been spoken for most?
    Leave it now son. Nobody seems as outraged as you.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Leave it now son. Nobody seems as outraged as you.
    I agree, on a mb. Twitter says differently.

Son? Cor blimey guv.

If i was welsh but lived in Timbuktu all life, and was a pundit on Timbuktu television. I’d say we when referring to Timbuktu too.

Timbuktutu

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    If i was welsh but lived in Timbuktu all life, and was a pundit on Timbuktu television. I’d say we when referring to Timbuktu too.

Timbuktutu
    And I would say ..

Timbuktutu
    Faaaark you!

It's not even important. Let it go.

I agree, on a mb. Twitter says differently.

Son? Cor blimey guv.
    I wouldn’t take too much notice of twitter. It’s full of saddo’s itching to be offended on other people’s behalfs.
    Get out a bit more and enjoy life.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post

What was his choice?