+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 350 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323373123 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Ive just come back from a long walk around the country park where i live.

Came across a waitress I know who is now unemployed.

She would have seen the same as me a touring campervan taking over part of
    a car park with what looked a couple of families sat around on deck chairs eating and drinking. Play areas with children and also adults on swings slides and climbing frames.

Im all in favour of people going out for walks but surely we should be closing access to cars and camper feckin vans , closing play areas etc.

Im sure this is the same all over the country.

On the other board there is a thread about how well Boris is doing. Someone actually questioned those giving him a poor rating asking what more he could do.!!!!! Unbelievable.
    Mind you, it is the other board; raving right wing nutters! Explains everything!

I listened to a podcast earlier where somone in France said the night before their lockdown everyone flocked to the pubs for one final blow-out, and now everyone is crowding their national parks.

Seems familiar.

First Team

I fear for the US (where I live).

Some people are taking this seriously but many are not. Here's one example. Last week the mayor of Phoenix closed down all the bars and restaurants so what did the idiots do? They all Ubered across the metro area to the city next door where the bars/restaurants were still open. Here's another example. I live in a co-op and the older folks have decided to do a communal jigsaw puzzle to pass the time. You couldn't make it up.

There are too many people here who slavishly watch Fox News. I walk my dog regularly around my neighbourhood and talk to people as we go. Twice in the last week I came across elderly people who thought it was "made up" and "nothing to worry about".

I cannot see a lockdown in the US (certainly not outside of California and the north east) happening. I hope people will accept it but I fear the conspiracy contrarians will not. If they put troops on the streets I fear we'll see armed conflicts flare up.

It’s mad that 2 weeks ago Fox News was calling it a hoax and an over reaction. To me how anyone can try and politicise a virus is beyond me.

Stay safe, I fear the US will be hit quite hard.

Statements like this from the president don't help reassure anyone that he has a grasp on what might happen. The US is the absolute last place I'd want to be living right now (sorry az and nycblue). Mass illness and death, production and supplies shortage, citizens with guns, it's a horrible mix.

"I live in a co-op and the older folks have decided to do a communal jigsaw puzzle to pass the time."

You couldn't even make it up. Nail on the head.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...id-19-11963451

21 year old with no other illness dies from covid 19. This is particularly worrying-

“ A report from the United States' Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) found 20% of those who had to be in hospital after contracting coronavirus were aged 20-44-years-old and 18% were 45-54-years-old.

Of those admitted to intensive care, 12% were in the younger age bracket while 36% were in the 45-54-year-old range.

"Clinicians who care for adults should be aware that COVID-19 can result in severe disease among persons of all ages," said the report, published on 18 March.”

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    "I live in a co-op and the older folks have decided to do a communal jigsaw puzzle to pass the time."

You couldn't even make it up. Nail on the head.
    Which branch?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Ive just come back from a long walk around the country park where i live.

Came across a waitress I know who is now unemployed.

She would have seen the same as me a touring campervan taking over part of
    a car park with what looked a couple of families sat around on deck chairs eating and drinking. Play areas with children and also adults on swings slides and climbing frames.

Im all in favour of people going out for walks but surely we should be closing access to cars and camper feckin vans , closing play areas etc.

Im sure this is the same all over the country.

On the other board there is a thread about how well Boris is doing. Someone actually questioned those giving him a poor rating asking what more he could do.!!!!! Unbelievable.
    Is it his fault that people are bloody stupid??????!

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Mind you, it is the other board; raving right wing nutters! Explains everything!
    Surely now is not the time for this right and left wing nonsense!!!!!!!!!!@

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Comes in to thread to defend his beloved Boris

Says now isn't about left and right

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    On the contrary, it's entirely predictable.

A large percentage of the people in this country are ignorant, arrogant, selfish or just plain stupid. That's always been the case, although the percentage does seem to have been on the rise in recent decades, but maybe the advent of social media has simply highlighted the situation.

I admire your faith in the UK population if you believe these stories are incredible.
    I'd quibble with your large percentage but not with your sentiments in general particularly on social media.

Although in contrast there have been at least 170,000 responses to the government's request for volunteers to help the vulnerable.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Comes in to thread to defend his beloved Boris

Says now isn't about left and right
    If you have nothing sensible to say don,'t bother

After you've said this? Maybe people aren't just stupid maybe the shite and unclear guidance that's been given have left people thinking what they are doing is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    I fear for the US (where I live).

Some people are taking this seriously but many are not. Here's one example. Last week the mayor of Phoenix closed down all the bars and restaurants so what did the idiots do? They all Ubered across the metro area to the city next door where the bars/restaurants were still open. Here's another example. I live in a co-op and the older folks have decided to do a communal jigsaw puzzle to pass the time. You couldn't make it up.

There are too many people here who slavishly watch Fox News. I walk my dog regularly around my neighbourhood and talk to people as we go. Twice in the last week I came across elderly people who thought it was "made up" and "nothing to worry about".

I cannot see a lockdown in the US (certainly not outside of California and the north east) happening. I hope people will accept it but I fear the conspiracy contrarians will not. If they put troops on the streets I fear we'll see armed conflicts flare up.
    I was in Phoenix from the 10-17 March working and flew back to Canada then. We were put on immediate lockdown for 14 days.

Work got cancelled on Monday and my wife was with me, so I took a drive to Sedona... I’d never been before. What a stunning place (would’ve been even better if we’d got out of the car but we didn’t)

We were in Scottsdale, Chandler and Phoenix though over the weekend and everywhere was busy....

It doesn’t appear that Arizona has been badly hit yet but it might come based on what I saw...

I do think that NYC is going to end up being the worst hit place on the planet though

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    After you've said this? Maybe people aren't just stupid maybe the shite and unclear guidance that's been given have left people thinking what they are doing is ok.
    I will accept that not all the guidance has been clear.

But many are still acting stupidly.

I will accept that not all the guidance has been clear.

But many are still acting stupidly.
    Anybody who hasn't heard of the 2m guideline must have been living in a cave.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Indeed.

And Croesy Blue who I was responding to said himself in a post regarding the crowds round Columbia Road Flower Market that he can't believe what people are thinking of so he obviously understood what the government are saying

They could still be living in a cave.

No didnt say it was.

Surely it's time you realise it is!

The other day I was made aware of this:
    Ely Bridge Surgery.JPG
    Yesterday I had to go there to collect a prescription and get the medication for my 88 year old father. The surgery had it's door locked and was operating a one in, one out policy. Several of the good people of Ely were patiently waiting outside and were social distancing. Some creature then appeared next me, she looked like she was a bit too familiar with the route to the fridge, and was breathing heavily as she'd just negotiated the three steps to the entrance. Despite the enormous signs on the door, she tried to barge in, then asked me the score whilst panting all over me. I tried discreetly moving away from her, which meant that other people had to shuffle away. I told her to ring the bell, she couldn’t find it, despite it being at the pointy end of a large arrow that said ‘BELL ~ please push with elbow’. She pulled her sleeve down over her hand and pressed the bell, fair enough. No exaggeration, but within 10 SECONDS she had her face up to the glass door, peering in saying 'Where the hell are they'. Usain Bolt couldn't have got to the door in that time. When the door opened, I was handed my prescription and walked to the pharmacy next door. I joined the well-spaced queue on the pavement. After some time, the woman emerges from the doctors, passes everyone in the queue and walks straight into the chemists, only to be told to get out, she was informed there was a queue and that she was at the end of it. She then proceeded to mutter and moan to herself. She had a lanyard with an employee ID on it, so must have been sort of normal. I give up.

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    The other day I was made aware of this:
    Ely Bridge Surgery.JPG
    Yesterday I had to go there to collect a prescription and get the medication for my 88 year old father. The surgery had it's door locked and was operating a one in, one out policy. Several of the good people of Ely were patiently waiting outside and were social distancing. Some creature then appeared next me, she looked like she was a bit too familiar with the route to the fridge, and was breathing heavily as she'd just negotiated the three steps to the entrance. Despite the enormous signs on the door, she tried to barge in, then asked me the score whilst panting all over me. I tried discreetly moving away from her, which meant that other people had to shuffle away. I told her to ring the bell, she couldn’t find it, despite it being at the pointy end of a large arrow that said ‘BELL ~ please push with elbow’. She pulled her sleeve down over her hand and pressed the bell, fair enough. No exaggeration, but within 10 SECONDS she had her face up to the glass door, peering in saying 'Where the hell are they'. Usain Bolt couldn't have got to the door in that time. When the door opened, I was handed my prescription and walked to the pharmacy next door. I joined the well-spaced queue on the pavement. After some time, the woman emerges from the doctors, passes everyone in the queue and walks straight into the chemists, only to be told to get out, she was informed there was a queue and that she was at the end of it. She then proceeded to mutter and moan to herself. She had a lanyard with an employee ID on it, so must have been sort of normal. I give up.
    She sounds like a catch. Did you get her number?😉

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Surely it's time you realise it is!
    Alright you've got me there.

Why is now the time for all this right and left wing nonsense?

Alright you've got me there.

Why is now the time for all this right and left wing nonsense?
    Well for one it's the eternal struggle and two right wing governments are more likely not to take a human crisis like this seriously but put their friends in business first. If this were a left wing government we would have been more likely to have had a virtual total lockdown much earlier and thereby saving more lives and making the NHS response more manageable. This Berk in number 10 is only just behind the clown Trump in his unsuitability to lead a great nation.