+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Drivel on Wales Online

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Drivel on Wales Online

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    In fairness, I wanted to pull him up on that but our permanent signings in the summer of 2015 were Saadi, Ajayi, Tamas, Weymans and Blaise. On the basis that Saadi actually played a league game, he's probably the best.
    That has to be up there as one of the worst summer windows in championship history.

They know more than me but i was disappointed then let Ajayi go.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    That has to be up there as one of the worst summer windows in championship history.

They know more than me but i was disappointed then let Ajayi go.
    Ajayi has dropped multiple clangers for Rotherham, he's very much a work in progress, and we got a fee for him.

Personally, I think the previous window was worse. We spent vast sums of money (in transfer fees and wages) on Burgstaller, ALF, Dikaghoi, Guerra, Macheda and Adeyemi, while spending more on Pilks, Morrison and Manga. The first 6 were unmitigated disasters and cost combined more money than Cornelius in transfer fees and wages.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Ajayi has dropped multiple clangers for Rotherham, he's very much a work in progress, and we got a fee for him.

Personally, I think the previous window was worse. We spent vast sums of money (in transfer fees and wages) on Burgstaller, ALF, Dikaghoi, Guerra, Macheda and Adeyemi, while spending more on Pilks, Morrison and Manga. The first 6 were unmitigated disasters and cost combined more money than Cornelius in transfer fees and wages.
    Yes. Malky has been heavily criticised for the Cornelius signing, yet Solskjaer's record with Tan's chequebook is frighteningly bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Yes. Malky has been heavily criticised for the Cornelius signing, yet Solskjaer's record with Tan's chequebook is frighteningly bad.
    OGS signed Eikrem, Daehli, Berget, Jones, Fabio and Cala in the Prem. Fabio was probably a success, and Daehli could be a good player but the rest, the less said about them the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Quite a few of the players solskjaer signed look like they actually have ability, just his team was a shambles.