+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff v Aston Villa. Pre match chat

Cardiff v Aston Villa. Pre match chat

After seeing four ex City players on the picth at Arsenal today (Ramsey, Mutch, Campbell & Zaha) we are likely to see two more tomorrow (McCormack & Gestede) while Whitts and Bennett could be facing their former club.

Have I missed any?

A City win will make it a good week and set up a seemingly less tricky few weeks to come.

And maybe in front of a bumper crowd. Last thing we want is to send Bruce and Brummie mates home with anything more than their tail between their legs.

Re: Cardiff v Aston Villa. Pre match chat

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    After seeing four ex City players on the picth at Arsenal today (Ramsey, Mutch, Campbell & Zaha) we are likely to see two more tomorrow (McCormack & Gestede) while Whitts and Bennett could be facing their former club.

Have I missed any?

A City win will make it a good week and set up a seemingly less tricky few weeks to come.

And maybe in front of a bumper crowd. Last thing we want is to send Bruce and Brummie mates home with anything more than their tail between their legs.
    Yes, fascinating back stories here. Gestede is allegedly on his way to Boro.
    I am sure Whitts will play, Villa don't concede a lot and their away form is so so.
    On the fence for this one, expect in fact hope for a draw. 1-1

Goodfellas or black hawk down?

I think 3-1 flattered them a bit up there, I'm hoping we can get something tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    I think 3-1 flattered them a bit up there, I'm hoping we can get something tomorrow.
    Yep I agree , We will give them a run for their money tomorrow . Grealish was the difference between the two sides .

I'm really looking forward to this game and as GB said the 3-1 at their place flattered them so I think we might get something out of this game

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Yep I agree , We will give them a run for their money tomorrow . Grealish was the difference between the two sides .
    The diving cheat

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    The diving cheat
    Greasy Grealish took a knock Thursday and is a doubt, so fingers crossed.

Kodija out, Grealish a doubt, Gestede possibly moving ( wonder if we'll see another unprompted Ayatollah today), McCormack off form.. Ayew getting ready for African Nations.. interesting.

match officials are :

Referee : Andy Davies

Linesmen : tim wood & dan Leach

The referee has awarded 74 yellow cards and 4 reds to date this season

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Kodija out, Grealish a doubt, Gestede possibly moving ( wonder if we'll see another unprompted Ayatollah today), McCormack off form.. Ayew getting ready for African Nations.. interesting.
    Villa have accepted a £6m bid from Boro for Gestede according to SSN.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Blue View Post
    Yes just noticed that myself. Hopefully that's one ex City player who won't be doing what they usually do against us!

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Blue View Post
    Hopefully that's another one out for them