Quote Originally Posted by headlight View Post
My experience was totally different. In August I was sent straight from my GP to the Heath with a suspected blood clot on the lung.
My GP gave me a letter to give to reception and said that due to the letter I would be seen straight away.
I arrived at the Heath at 5pm on a Wednesday in agony.
I thought that as it was midweek, late afternoon and having a letter from my doctor I would be seen quickly.
9 hours later at 2am I still hadn't been seen by anyone.
The place was like a war zone full of drunks, druggies.
At 2am I managed to speak to a nurse and asked when I was likely to be seen by somebody.
She said she couldn't advise when I would be seen as she was the only nurse on duty and there were no doctors on duty due to staff shortages.
I gave up and went home still in agony.
I went back to my GP the following day still in agony, who did another letter, this time for Llandough and sent me straight there.
After a 5 hour wait in Llandough I was admitted with a blood clot on my lung and spent 7 days on a ward.

This normality unfortunately, the fact there is a post saying I went to the hospital and they treated me properly should be enough to realise that.

I've never seen any posts saying, I posted a letter and it got to London, well done to the Post Office or, I went to the pub and the barmaid poured me a pint and I sat down and drank it, well done the Butchers arms pub.