+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How come this scumbaga life sentence is only 18 years

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: How come this scumbaga life sentence is only 18 years

I am no expert here but it's probably because it was not premeditated or he didn't mean to kill her.

Judging by his texts to his husband, he did not try to hide the fact he was struggling to cope but he did try to hide the facts in court.

Can't recall what cases exactly but there have been many where there is premeditation and lesser sentences passed.

I don't feel anything more than vitriol for the bloke and 'scumbag' pretty much describes him but he will have to live with this for the rest of his days.

I also disagree with some posters in that the system must take some blame for the death of this poor child.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I am no expert here but it's probably because it was not premeditated or he didn't mean to kill her.

Judging by his texts to his husband, he did not try to hide the fact he was struggling to cope but he did try to hide the facts in court.

Can't recall what cases exactly but there have been many where there is premeditation and lesser sentences passed.

I don't feel anything more than vitriol for the bloke and 'scumbag' pretty much describes him but he will have to live with this for the rest of his days.

I also disagree with some posters in that the system must take some blame for the death of this poor child.
    He was charged with murder, that is premeditated, if it was not premeditated he would have been charged with manslaughter

International

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

Premeditation is a requisite for a conviction for murder, therefore there must have been a degree of it, or recklessness or lack of care as to whether the child died or not. He was convicted of murder so at least one of those factors must be present, otherwise the charge would have been manslaughter.

If anyone reads th acrticle his sentence was life with a MINIMUM sentence of 18 years. That means he has to do at least 18 years with good conduct to even be considered for parole and I'd guess his chances of ever getting parole are pretty slim.
    Still being homosexual I imagine he will find a few 'friends' inside.