Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
I live in CF11 top of Penarth Road/Riverside, 10 mins from The Grange so pretty close to CCS. Me and Mrs. C walk to matches and there are masses of local supporters. We don't see many CCFC shirt wearers ( I own one but never wear it). We don't see many scarves but usually, there's the odd hat that's years old and worn (as in distressed). If you catch a No2 Dumballs Road bus you'll even see/meet people from The Bay going to games (shock horror). Lots of students from Grangetown and Canton go in small groups. They don't wear Cardiff tops.

It's utter bollux that we don't get a local following and yes, it's a complete myth that we're all wearing plastic tops in the city. Of course, there're no f*ckn supporters clubs from Grangetown. The club is, well, the supporters club.

I used to wear an old battered 99 baseball cap when I was more mobile and cycled around Cardiff (sadly, something I can no longer do) and would get loads of thumbs up, comments, 'great hat' remarks from all kinds of people around the city who recognised the significance of the 99.

There's no doubting the massive support outside of the city but there's a huge very local support too. I'd argue that the club just doesn't do enough to welcome asian and muslim locals. Something Yousef was trying to do when he organsied the mural near Bute Street. The club is bloody useless when it comes to trying to attract a more diverse supporter base and there are lots of local lads who would go if they felt more welcome.

Just because we're not wearing replica CCFC shirts doesn't mean we don't exist!
Huge local support ?

Don't be daft